Onyx is still failing to thrive :(

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It's good she is eating, did you add insects to her slurry? If so does it seem she has more energy? It may take a few days or so to see a difference. It's good she's asking to get out, it means she hasn't given up!!!!!

Kyomuno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Osiris
It's good she is eating, did you add insects to her slurry? If so does it seem she has more energy? It may take a few days or so to see a difference. It's good she's asking to get out, it means she hasn't given up!!!!!
I have added some "pureed" dubai roaches and she did seem to enjoy eating more today so perhaps that has something to do with it. She has been more demanding if attention today so I am waiting to see what tomorrow brings :) if nothing, my ninja blebder is finally being used! 🤣😂🤣

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great Onyx seems to be doing better now. I hope she likes the sweet potato & squash, too.
Does she seem to be gaining weight? We are all pulling for her!
Definitely continue to keep her warm overnight, it helps boost the system.

Tracie

Kyomuno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Osiris
Hello,

That is great Onyx seems to be doing better now. I hope she likes the sweet potato & squash, too.
Does she seem to be gaining weight? We are all pulling for her!
Definitely continue to keep her warm overnight, it helps boost the system.

Tracie
She did well with the sweet potato for the first day, but is back to not really moving much and is not wanting to eat. I really worry that she won't make it, but no matter what I will not give up as long as there is hope. She sleeps 95% of the day and really has not kept any weight on her. We have another vet check next tuesday so hopefully things turn around!

Kyomuno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Osiris
Unfortunately onyx passed away late this morning. We gave everything we could to ensure she had the best chance at recovery so we are all completely healthy broken. Thanks you for all the support and help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom