Only In the Mornings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently have adopted a 2 year old male bearded dragon named Elvis. He seems pretty normal during the day, just basking in different areas. He eats normally, about 9 large crickets in the morning at 9am and some apple, grapes, kiwi, and greens. The tempature in the tank is about 85 degrees F and about 70 degrees F. Humidity is always around 40%.

But every morning at about 8am he gets on his back legs and stratchs the side of his cage. I observed this morning and it kinda looked like he was waving his arms in a circular motion. I read that that is a sign of mating season. So im guessing he is seeing his refelction and thinks its a female and tries to woo her. Any help here?

andrewlloyd

Juvie Member
MangoFeet3":2a81c said:
I recently have adopted a 2 year old male bearded dragon named Elvis. He seems pretty normal during the day, just basking in different areas. He eats normally, about 9 large crickets in the morning at 9am and some apple, grapes, kiwi, and greens. The tempature in the tank is about 85 degrees F and about 70 degrees F. Humidity is always around 40%.

But every morning at about 8am he gets on his back legs and stratchs the side of his cage. I observed this morning and it kinda looked like he was waving his arms in a circular motion. I read that that is a sign of mating season. So im guessing he is seeing his refelction and thinks its a female and tries to woo her. Any help here?

im not 100% sure on this, but im pretty sure they cant see their reflection in the glass, so i dont think it would be that.
Do you let him out alot?

MangoFeet3

Original Poster
I let him out and hold/play with him and let him run around problly 3-4 times a day for about 20 minutes each time.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Is the 85* temperature reading on the basking spot directly under the light? If so this is way to low. 95* is the absolute minimum with 102*ish being best. Seeing his reflection is definitely possible. You can help this by putting a background or paper around 3 sides of the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom