Online crickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsnsan

Juvie Member
I order from Crickets Direct. I get free shipping to AK from there. 100% of my crickets arrive alive. I have very few crickets that die off within the month.... I order 1000 every few weeks.

jharveyjr54

Hatchling Member
Nice. They're about 3$ more than Georgia, but they don't require you to use overnight for a guarantee unless it's over 90. Georgia does 85. It was my first order of crickets. I know there were a couple leaves in there and some dried up citrus. What I thought were dead crickets might be something else, it's not like these little dried up things have antennae or legs, so I dunno. I figure after a few shipments and trying a few vendors I'll know what's what.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Ha ha!!! Yeah, I know of a couple places to get them and you could let them know to just put live feeders, which is what I think they do anyway. The ones I got yesterday just said perishable on the label. One is CNS Feeders, and the other is DubiDeli.com. I have ordered from both and they are both pretty good.

jharveyjr54

Hatchling Member
Yeah, umm, like the box is PRINTED with the words live crickets on it! And when you break it down inside it says CRICKET SHIPPER on one of the inside flaps. They didn't write it on there, the box comes that way.

23d42222.jpg

544457d4.jpg

So I Just want to make sure the Roaches don't come in a box marked live roaches LOL.

jharveyjr54

Hatchling Member
I did send an inquiry to John at jdroaches who sells in the for sale section here, so we shall see. I just started the process to buy a house, so hopefully this is only a temporary issue.

ChrisN

You guys are so damn lucky. I can't find any live bugs at all in NZ, it is ridiculous. And I can only very rarely afford to buy the canned stuff.
Yet when I was trying to find some, there are USA sites that ship 1000 crickets for only like 40 bucks (domestically of course). My poor dragon :(

I ordered dubias through georgiacrickets and they came in the cricket shipping box. You could however see the very large adult roaches crawling inside.

jharveyjr54

Hatchling Member
AngusTheDragon":9ik0ogm5 said:
I ordered dubias through georgiacrickets and they came in the cricket shipping box. You could however see the very large adult roaches crawling inside.

I'm totally not worried about that. That screen is pretty thick on the side and you have to get right up to it to see whats inside.

jharveyjr54

Hatchling Member
ChrisN":az4rkhys said:
You guys are so damn lucky. I can't find any live bugs at all in NZ, it is ridiculous. And I can only very rarely afford to buy the canned stuff.
Yet when I was trying to find some, there are USA sites that ship 1000 crickets for only like 40 bucks (domestically of course). My poor dragon :(

Actually I just got 1000 for 25, since I didnt feel the need to have them overnighted. No live bugs at all? What are you feeding the poor guy? IF you could get dubias you could start your own colony, I saw my breeders colony, and the video's on youtube, and they do seem really easy. Trouble for you is getting them in the first place. That's got to suck. Have you always been from NZ, or moved there and was like WTF? Where am I gonna get bugs now? lol

jharveyjr54

Hatchling Member
I just googled Dubia's in New Zealand, and there's a guy that post's on reptile forums UK, that's apparently from Christchurch, NZ. I Think someone else sent him a message asking if they could get some, and he never replied, but it's worth a shot.

Heptane

I know this is an older post, but wanted to say that breeding a Dubia roach colony is extremely easy. I live in an apartment and have a colony of right around 500 and growing. Just pick up an 18 gallon Sterilite bin from a store, cut a medium sized square in the top (mine is 10" x 10" roughly) and hot glue a little piece of screen over the opening. I have a 60W red heat lamp bulb in a little Fluker's ceramic dome resting directly on the screen, turned on 24x7. I've got a dozen egg carton crate things stacked vertically inside the bin, just underneath the heat lamp, that takes up 3/4 of the space. The other 1/4 of the bin I keep filled with carrots/veggies and Fluker's water cubes. They seem to do just fine with that setup, I have yet to need to clean it out and it's been going for about 5 months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom