One year old dragons should I or don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLLReptile

Juvie Member
Pantherchameleon":3ok5lr1q said:
Hello,
Most of my new dragons are 12-15 months old now not sure. But have been in my care for over a years time now. I been feeding them pretty much 75 out of 100 of protein and the 25 left over is greens. I feed supers and dubias as staple protein and staple greens mix collard mustard turnip and kale just once in a while if the store is out of those other type greens. For there age now should I change anything? I just don't want to damage there organs just want to do what's right for them. I ask this because am just not sure I hear different things likes 75% greens and 25% greens for over the age of one. I recently had a lot of money situations and at this current time can't afford the feeders for a few more weeks to come. It bothers me yes because most of my dragons never touched the greens but recently my biggest boy has. I was just wondering what I should be doing for them as feeding at this age. Even the herbivite and calcium without d3 should be given?

If they are healthy looking and in good shape, then what you are doing is fine. If your beardies aren't eating their greens much, you can just skip a day or two of feeding the protein and only offer greens. What you are offering sounds good, though.

When it comes to supplements, that can vary from brand to brand. A general rule of thumb for adults is multivitamin once a week or so, and calcium 3 to 5 times a week.

-Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom