one week old beard dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

samleo

Hi all, I am new to all the hatchling and babies. I now have seven beard dragons one week old. They are so cute and fast. But I did have one concern with one. They are all eating veggies and crickets but one. He/She is the smallest. I do put it in another cage to eat. They are all running fast even the one not eating. I have tried to open its mouth but his body is so small I am afraid I will kill it. Any advice? Should I go to the pet store for help. He does drink the water when he gets a bath. Another question. I put them on criaglist for sale and I had one guy ask for them all. When I told him I can not see one person housing all seven safetly. He would not just take one. ANy ideas on this guy? Thanks Kim

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
I can't help you to much with the hatchling's because I never raised baby dragon's before. I would like to say that you should not sell all seven to that guy. He is either going to raise them like crap because he does not know any better or he is a pet store owner and going to resell them for twice as much as you're going to sell it to him for. Oh and please make sure they are at least 6"-8" or more before you sell them(I think it's 6-8). As a breeder it is you're responsibility to make sure your dragon's go to good homes.

samleo

Original Poster
Thanks for the help. Oh believe me I was not going to sell him all 7. He was fishly from the beginning. I would like to keep them but I know that money and care is all work. Now, I am sitting here watching them and they already have personallies. When that guy asked for all 7 I started asking questions. He told me they were for him and his brother. I still did not like the comment from him. I will not be saleing to him. I will be holding on to them until they are aleast 4 weeks old to 6 weeks old. Thanks for you help again. Kim

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Hi Kim,
Congrats on the poopers.
6 to 8 weeks is the min before I sell any of mine, that way you know they are going to be good eaters and when you do sell then the average person can obtain food for them.

SuperMom30

Hatchling Member
Baby food works great for little ones that dont like to eat I had to use it with one of my babys. Take it and put a little on the tip of his/her nose and they will lick it off. You can use sweet potato, veal, greens, peas, bannana stuff that is on there safe list. Hope this helps As for the guy sounds like someone wanting to sell them for more. Post some pic's of them as soon as you can! :blob5: :blob8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom