One friggen day!!!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I wouldn't have either but he did a 180 in just a week or so. I'm guessing it was because he could hear everything but couldn't see what was causing the sounds and it scared him. He isn't even jumpy or skittish when we are sweeping or mopping and bang into his stand (it's metal and makes a racket when we hit it)

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I wanted to ask you if the window prevents Sinatra from sleeping? Are you doing anything to extend the hours of darkness?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
They are all out till it's dark in the evenings but i do drape a thick towel over that whole end at night, same with Snickers i have the corner covered to make it darker for her also.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
They are all out till it's dark in the evenings but i do drape a thick towel over that whole end at night, same with Snickers i have the corner covered to make it darker for her also.
It's summer now and I'm nervous that the dark time of the day is too short, it's dark outside from 10 pm, and it becomes light from 3 am. The room with the terrarium has windows from which the morning light comes, this is the north side, so there is no sun light there, but it still gets light. I often noticed that Foxy lies with his eyes open already at 6 am (I turn on his light at 8 am).
I don't know, maybe I also need to cover the terrarium with something?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
It's ok they wake up to the morning sun, but if they are put to bed while it's still light out i would probably cover them at least until dark. My lights all come on at 6am but my dragons are usually awake by 5:30 anyways.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
Those work really well.
absolutely do! they get closed at "bedtime" and then it doesn't matter what is going on outside as far as daylight hours. and it keeps me from having to cover this beast of an enclosure!

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
It's ok they wake up to the morning sun, but if they are put to bed while it's still light out i would probably cover them at least until dark. My lights all come on at 6am but my dragons are usually awake by 5:30 anyways.
My lights turn off at 9:00 pm, but often Foxy falls asleep on my shoulder under his blanket and it's around 8:00 pm. Do you think I should turn on his lights early? Maybe at 6:00 am? As far as I remember, you put your dragons to bed at 9:00 pm too.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
we use black out curtains
I thought about it, but there are two windows in the room and one of them is very wide and made in a semicircle of 8 sections, so it is problematic to install curtains, it would be easier for me to cover the terrarium before dark.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I turn my lights on at 6 because I have to be out the door by 6:30 for work. My house is bright enough this time of year for them to start waking up naturally by 5ish anyways. I mostly hand feed all five so coming on at 6 gives me a half an hour to get them fed.
Later in the year when it's dark till later I turn on a couple lights that isn't in the room to start them waking up, then after a few minutes I turn on the lights in the room with them. I try not to let the lights in their haditats be what wakes them. I lnow i don't like if Christina turns the bedroom light on while I'm asleep so I try not to do that to them.

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
I lnow i don't like if Christina turns the bedroom light on while I'm asleep so I try not to do that to them.
Just an idea for you, should you need to turn the lights on in the room before you think they want to be up.
Hang a sheet or something over the front.

We have four other varieties of lizards in the room that Mango is in so it’s next to impossible not to turn the light on when he’s sleeping. So I went and got a cloth I had out of the basement and put velcro on it so that we could take it down in the morning.
He’s much happier with that.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I turn my lights on at 6 because I have to be out the door by 6:30 for work. My house is bright enough this time of year for them to start waking up naturally by 5ish anyways. I mostly hand feed all five so coming on at 6 gives me a half an hour to get them fed.
Later in the year when it's dark till later I turn on a couple lights that isn't in the room to start them waking up, then after a few minutes I turn on the lights in the room with them. I try not to let the lights in their haditats be what wakes them. I lnow i don't like if Christina turns the bedroom light on while I'm asleep so I try not to do that to them.
I understood you.
I think that I will leave everything as it is for now, so that Foxy wakes up gradually along with the real sunrise.

PS: Foxy would never eat if I woke him up and gave him bugs in half an hour. I imagine his surprised eyes! :ROFLMAO:
He should lay down a bit, warm himself, and maybe later, if he wants, he might eat. He's probably a little spoiled.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I understood you.
I think that I will leave everything as it is for now, so that Foxy wakes up gradually along with the real sunrise.

PS: Foxy would never eat if I woke him up and gave him bugs in half an hour. I imagine his surprised eyes! :ROFLMAO:
He should lay down a bit, warm himself, and maybe later, if he wants, he might eat. He's probably a little spoiled.
Nothing wrong with that!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom