one eye closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
yester day afternoon i noticed one of my beardies eyes was closed i thought nothing of it and when down stairs i came up at his bedtime to turn off lights and it was still closed i am aware this could be something very serious what do u think vet or home remedy first?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Go over the lighting the UVB brand and bulb? Coil or tube? Basking bulb bright white or off colored or colored bulb?

elody edgcomb

Original Poster
i have t5 uvb 12 iches from basking spot 2 halogen heat bulbs i think 50 watts basking spot is like 100 cool end like 80ish and defanily no colerd bulbs just a ceramic heater at night

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok the T 5 is it inside the tank or top of screen --- if its on top the screen MUST be a wide hole screen no fine mesh --- that would not have anything to do w/ the eye --- shed would --- is he shedding? is the eye swollen --

elody edgcomb

Original Poster
the t5 is inside but 12 ich away from basking spot he just fished shedding is face beard neck and eye and nose and shoulder and some of his arms his eye isn't swollen and just a couple minuts ago he open his eye for some time and it look very clear could this be an infection behind the eye?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Not sure -- its not watering ? Post a pic of it but it could be the normal closing of one eye when basking -- they will do that --- and all your lighting sounds good so that is not a issue and if the shedding is done then not that either -- so I am thinking its just the normal closing of the eye when basking
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on the XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's likely just some minor irritation like a tiny speck of shed or other debris. You can get some plain saline eyewash [ not contact lens solution though ] and gently flush it a little. If it persists for more than a few days you might have a vet check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom