one beardty not eating no uvb waiting on one

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i had two baby beardys together and one was not eating alot so i seperated them yesterday and the little one is still not eating. now my uvb light gave out about a week ago and there is one on the way here now from ontario. this is probably why he is not eating alot, how long is to long without a light i fihure that the light will be here thwe later part of the week they should not die by then without a light should they. well the big one does not seemed to be effected without his light, well he is a little darker than usual but still eating. just woried about the little one can some one please steer me in the right direction thanks alot

kariann

Hatchling Member
Are you still able to provide a basking lamp or did you have a mecury vapor bulb that provided uv and heat? A baby bearded dragon is unlikely to die from a week without uv but absolutely needs proper temperatures to digest their food, etc. (e.g. 80F cool side and 105F or so at the basking spot as measures with a temperature gun or probe thermometer).

As long as you can provide those temps, just take them outside in a plastic storage bin for 1- 2 hours to get natural sunlight until your uvb ships to you. They actually need 3-4 hours uv per day at least but some is better than none. Just make sure they have shade available so they can get out of the direct sun if they need to. You would also want to stay with them the entire time to supervise (i.e. keep them from predators and prevent accidental feeding of randome outside bugs).

As for your little one that is not eating, it may a number of things: lack of uv, relocation to new viv, temps wrong, parasites, diet, etc. If you will post more details about your set-up, we will try to help. You are right to be concerned because those little guys really shouldn't go long without proper nutrition.

Best of luck!

Martinoheat

Original Poster
thanks man ya the temps are right and yes i have a spot lihgt on them but the little one eat a cricket and a few little meal worms today. i know meal worms arnt good but i just like to give them a bit of verity and the last dragon i had i hed him supers after he was like 8 inches long. as for the out doors thing i live in newfoundland canada we dont see alot of hot days mostly rain lol. so uv rays can pass threw plastic but not glass ah cool thanks did not know that. as for a parisite i doubt it is that there are no native reptiles in newfoundland so there is not many parisites and stuff like that that affects lizards. also he was bought of a breeder i know know not in a pet store. but thanks for the info man i think the main prob is the uv light by bgecause he seemed to eat alot better untill it gave out and he is still active and eats greens just not alot of insects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom