On The Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it'd be interesting to have a thread where we all post what our dragons have eaten today! I love trying new foods and I want to keep my beardie's diet varied with safe, yummy foods.

Today Pancake got a salad made of bok choy, parsley, carrot, and zucchini squash. The carrots aren't a big hit and everything else is brand new to him. He really liked the parsley! For dinner he'll be getting some crickets after they fill up on leftover carrot chunks.

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
None of my three have eaten in about 1 1/2 months . . . so, they got Nothing :)

All 3 are in various levels of brumation.

Mellow is out for the count.

Rico was out for about a month; has been awake for the past week and basking;
but still gives me the "stink-eye" when I offer any food.

Q never really went down to sleep, but still hasn't had any appetite. She'll eat
a Dubia or two every 4 or 5 days, but that's about it.

JennyBeen

We'll see if he ate it or not later, but this morning I put into his bowl:

-Mustard greens (his favorite)
-Collard greens
-A sugarsnap pea (broken up into four bite-sized pieces)
-Corn cubes
-A few corn kernels

We bought a bundle each of mustard greens, and collard greens, and have used so little! How do you guys keep it from going bad before he can eat it? They're only $1 each, but still...

SIZEMICT

Russel eats about 25 lg crickets every other day and a 3-4 Superworms. On the off day I encourage him to eat greens but he doesn't always eat greens on the off day. If he hasn't eaten anything all day I may give him a couple of superworms about 1 hr before bed time. There is always salad available. Russel seems to like a change after a day or two. I rotate between collards, basil and beet greens. I also give him some Spaghetti Squash, Zucchini,Peas and corn kernels once in a while. Russel loves the peas and corn. Since reading the nutritional website list I have cut back on the corn. I didn't see why peas were in the rarely list in the notes section, does anyone know why? Russel still prefers protein. I figure Russel is about 1-1+ years old. I do not know how old he is since I rescued him running loose outside. Someone had released a few of them in my neighborhood. I am still trying new things looking for more things he likes.

SIZEMICT

I recently gave Russell mustard greens and he went crazy for them. I was surprised how much he likes them. They are his new favorite greens.

JennyBeen

Today we did collard greens, carrot tops, and a broken up sugar snap pea (so like, three bites).

His favorite so far still seems to be the mustard green, but collard greens last so much longer! The carrot tops are a new try; I like them because they break apart easily and seem easy for him to grab, unlike the collard green leaves that can get flattened on the bottom of the dish.

He's an odd one though. He really has to be in the mood for insects, and only seems to be 1-2 times a week. Otherwise he just glances down at them before walking away. Maybe it has to do with the cooler temperatures...

dom02

I left my a few dubia roaches and a bowl full of Escarole and Butternut Squash.

SIZEMICT":16zcknb7 said:
I recently gave Russell mustard greens and he went crazy for them. I was surprised how much he likes them. They are his new favorite greens.

Mine loves Mustard Greens too! But unfortunately the grocery stores around here rarely have it.

SIZEMICT

I'm not sure where you lI've but they are at the farmers market here in CA as it is that time of year. The grocery store has them in the organic section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom