OMG crickets escaped theres 60 in my room

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I HATE CRICKETS
ugh im freaking out i wanna punch a wall
i found out how some crickets are getting out. and iv lost like 40 of the crickets i bought today and i only bought a hundred
so theres like 60 crickets running around (20 from the last batch) and im so pissed i lost those crickets.
i knowi cant use them again since idk what they have eaten in my room but is there any way i can trap them or something to atleast get them out of my room.

ugh im so pissed i lost all of those crix im really mad and like the lady gave me 200 instead of 100 and it seems theres like 60 in my cricket box if that and UGH i need some help so tell me how i can get rid of these annoying things.

and the onlyplace i can buy feeders online is armstrongcrickets.com because theshipping is cheep so no dubias or worms for me! GOD. there were 2 full egg cartons of the crickets and now i have like 3 paper tubes full.

sooooo stressed about this.

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
Where are you located? Ghann's also has cheap shipping, especially if you are in the southeast.

Use some greens or cricket chow to lure the crickets in, then capture them. Once a bunch of them are gathered around the food, you should be able to put a box or bucket or something on them.

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
LOL.. you have to admit that is annoyingly funny. I hate them things as well and I would be flippin right now - I can kinda picture you freakin cuz I know I would be, and my freakin would be hilarious!!

Yeah, you ust gotta lure them. If you have some put out some fruits too - apples, potatoes, they will come straight for it.
Where are you located, if close I can possibly get you some dubias REAL cheap (I paid $60 for almost 600), or I can give you some of mne to get started.

slantedii

Hatchling Member
CAT....i mean my cat murders these little guys when ever they get out...of course he usually plays with the same one for hours before he kills it, but that is not the point, lol. Maybe that, or some food in the middle of some fly paper. Something aromatic to attract them, and as they crawl on the paper they are stuck. Just a thot.

Ashleabdlover

Hatchling Member
yeahh i had the exact same thing happen to me. except probably more.
i wouldnt sleep in my room for a week.
i mean its only crickets, but when there is a bunch of them, loose, in your room, its gross.

they seemed to like to climb up the walls? wierdest thing ever.
so i just kept killing them everytime i saw them until there was no more to kill.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
ugh, this is my worsth nightmare. i keep my crickets outside for this very same reason. i would say maybe hang damp towells in the four corners of your room. ive noticed that they seem to like cool moist places.

man, i dont know... im so sorry, this sucks for you :| .

i would definitely sleep as far away from that part of the house untill you catch most of them :roll: .

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
You could still use roaches, you would just have to stick to the smaller one and nymphs at first. I would offer to give you some, but I am far from AZ!! Just always keep in mind roaches!

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
Yikes!! Exactly why I dont feed crickets! lol. They freak me out!! I had a couple get loose in my room and I freaked...couldnt imagine 60!! Gee...I hope you find them!

slddgk

I had some of mine get loose toooooo ... there was a really small hole in the screen - and I we had like --- 20 or so escape before I realized it ... I would love to switch to Dubia roaches but I live in Florida and I guess there is some regulation against bringing non-native animals (bugs) into Florida - because of being over run by them or some stupid thing like that. So I guess I am stuck with crickets ... but would love to start a colony - the cost is starting to bite at my budget with these tight times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom