ok what is correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
temps on basking site

i have been told to keep babies temps at 105 to 110 ?
and adults should be 95-100?

but

i just talked to a breeder at the reptile convention and he told me

babies need to be at 120 and the magazine i just got said the same thing for hatchling all the way to juvies this is the temp

and for adults need to be 115-130 and that is what it says in the reptile magazine

i am so confused now i dont know what is correct do i listen to what everyone says on here or do i listen to the breeder or the magazine i dont understand why there is so many diffrent temps and everyone always tells me something else please help im confused and please dont take this as a rude commment or rude post i am just so confused and worried because right now i have a kinda sick dragon as you all might know and i dont have the correct temps according to breeder and magazine i just need help please

chrismnc

Juvie Member
My breeder says, 115. I think that the main reason lower temps are recommended is because babies can get dehydrated so easily. If yours will drink and/or eat his greens and you bathe him regularly, then you should be ok.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
My girls never liked the higher temps. Last year, when our girls were young beardies, they didn't even like it at 110, they would prefer about 105 or so. Now they prefer it at 95 to 97, not much higher. There are some that say beardies shouldn't go over 105 (Beautiful Dragons.com is one) Also, the man who makes the Mega ray says that the temps should be at 120.

If you're using the higher temps, I suggest giving your beardies a bath every day, if not 2X every day so they don't get dehydrated.

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ok so it really depends on the beardie i guess if he or she is pooping regular then the lower temps will be fine i think i get it im just going to do what works for me and my beardies thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom