ok so im finally doing it, but just before i start.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Ok so ive been reading about all the really pretty fake rocks/walls etc, and have plucked up the courage to finnaly make my own. Ive got sand coloured grout, and a water based sealant to finish, but i have one question, do you perminantly fix them in the cage, or are they removable??

if you take them out are the taller one stable enough for a fully grown dragon. Gizmo is a real climber hence the reason to make one! :?

akingsley9000

Gray-bearded Member
They are removable. Once you put the grout and everything on they are quite stable. if you feel it is not stable enough you can always add an additional leg or two for support :D

xbluex

Juvie Member
Mine was actually still kind of flimsy with the grout on. I think it was because I used 2 different types of styrofoam. One type was the usualy kind you find, breaks apart really easily and millions of the little balls come out. The other type was way thicker, hard to break apart with my hands, and I'm thinking the 'balls' were smaller and way more compacted.
Anyways, after I put the 3 layers of sealer on it was just like rock, heavy and so hard that no beardie would break it. So just keep that in mind, I thought with just the grout it would be solid enough so I was a little rough when moving it around and cracked and chipped off a bunch of the grout lol

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
well i tried all weekend, but the no nails just wouldnt stick!! i spent 4 hours just trying to get a shape together before giving up!! i think im gonna try PVA though, ive got all the stuff, i just need the time to sit down and try again!!

DistDrag

Juvie Member
If your need to stick pieces of styrofaom together use a foam board adheasive. There are a number of makers, I've used the loctite brand. You can find it any any home improvement store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom