oh god, not again. Blood? in urates. Pic of her

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Ok, back in March I had this problem, I will find the thread if anyone thinks they may know something. But Nemesis just went potty and there was the blood again. The question mark is because it just doesn't LOOK like blood exactly, but I can't imagine anything else it would be. Long story short, she was at the vets for 5 days with a barium text and x rays to find out that she had a small stricture/cut inside near the end of her intestines and her system was moving slower than it should have been so the spot never had time to heal. Got some meds and fed her baby food and spend $760.
Since I know what the problem is, do you think I could just buy the medicine from somewhere? (have to look up what it was, it was a pain/anti inflammatory)
There will be a pic at the end of the page if anyone wants to see it. I actually gloved up and checked it out this time and the reddish part was actually kinda gritty, did not feel like the rest of it. She is not on sand and never has been.

I am so upset. I don't have another $760 but this little girl means more to me than anything in the world, so what do I do??

DSCN2286.jpg

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
isn't panacur just for parasites? I had a fecal done about a month ago and all was clear. I'm open to any and all ideas, I just need a little more info. Thanks :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You mentioned her stool felt gritty?
You keep her on tiles for the substrate right?

A blood test would help determine liver or kidney problems so if you get a chance that may help with some type of diagnosis.
A tear in the GI tract though would cause problems from time to time. What type of foods do you feed her right now?

Tracie

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes, she is on tile. There is nothing loose that she had access to. She eats bok choy daily (only veggie she will eat and she eats it like its her job) and crickets every 2-3 days and the occasional supers for treats.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you find that it happens after she has eaten superworms or is it just intermittently & not dependent on the food eaten?
What size of crickets does she eat?
Do you give probiotics on a regular basis?
Sometimes the probiotics help condition the lining of the GI tract, so maybe try to incorporate that daily or at least several times per week if you haven't already done so.
Does she appear to digest her food very well?

Tracie

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Actually, I am not sure if it is food related or not. I see some spotting here and there but nothing major and I know her GI is sensitive so I didn't worry THAT much about it, but this past time was significantly more than normal.
What kind of probiotics should I use? I am open to anything that will help my baby girl. Just tell me where to buy them, please.
As far as I can tell, she digests just fine. I never see any undigested bugs or anything.
She will probably poo again tomorrow (I fed her less the past few days to see if that would have an impact) so I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks

crazyceed

is switch to baby food n get some repti aid I'm working on my lol man to keep him pooping and that's working but u should use baby food cuz he could b compacted n every thing in the stomach could b forcing out causing the bloody stool I do agree with u n what type of tile is it

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is she doing today?
I would try either acidophiliz or the non dairy soy yogurt. I hope her stool looks better today.
Has there been anymore blood lately?

Tracie

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
I would hold off on medication since that could further aggravate her GI tract. Stick to soft foods with a slightly higher water content like baby food and maybe see if you can get some soft bodied insects like a wax worm or two into her to help lubricate the intestines. The probiotics should definitely help too.

I hope everything clears up soon.

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Alright, so she just went potty in her bath, she usually goes every other day like clockwork but didn't go yesterday. I massaged her belly and she finally went, this is the first time I have EVER seen her strain. I know that this happens from time to time but I had never experienced it before, her poor eyes even buldged. However, what came out LOOKED much more normal than the other day. There was a little bit of blood between the urate and the feces, but no where near as much. The urate was not hard, it was kinda jelly ish.

Why would this happen? She gets 15 minute baths every other day, sometimes even more often, plus she eats water covered veggies every day.

I bought the acidophilz+ from the beautiful dragons site so I am waiting on that. I will limit live feeders for a while and see if that helps. Although I am such a worry wort she will probably be getting a blood test if her next bowel movement is not normal.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You mentioned that she had a little bit of trouble going to the bathroom this time? She shouldn't be deficient in calcium right?
I hope she is feeling better & doing well.

Maybe the acidophiliz will help her out for awhile.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She should not be calcium deficient, I dust her crickets 3 times a week. The only think I can think of is that her reptisun is 6 and a HALF months old, but a new one is in transit as we speak.

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She is driving me nuts, guys. I don't normally obsessively weigh her so idk, maybe this is a normal occurrence. 2 days ago she was 645 g, today she is 665 g. Wth. She digs in her hide every once in a while so I set her dig box up for her again, she dug in it for like 2 minutes and then hopped back on her basking spot. She is inflating herself a lot, not like super inflate where she looks like a nerf ball, but halfway between nerf ball and normal. I'm waiting on the acidophilz+ and some syringes I ordered, plus her new UVB.
If she is acting normal/bright/alert, should I legitimately be this worried?
If this were you, when would you go to the vet? Next instance of blood? Or wait? I know beardies aren't big on showing pain, so this is why I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom