Oddest Ball Python

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
Background info first:

We were having a rummage sale last month, and we had a few extra hamsters so we put them in the paper with our ad.

So every person that had kids I was trying to hustle the parents into getting a hamster for the kids. One lady happened to be in the vicinity and told me that her snake would love to eat them. I told her that I did have some mice or rats if she was looking for feeders.

Another woman became really interested about the mice and rats and asked why we have mice and rats. I told her we have snakes. Then she asked what kinds and I told her ball pythons and kenyan sand boas. She said that she had a classroom ball python that wasn't getting the attention it needed and was becoming quite grumpy. She asked if I would like to have it.

I told her sure and she said she would get back to us the next day. Well, I never heard anything back from her, then out of the blue she stops by today.

She asked me if I still wanted her snake, I said sure. So she goes back to her van digs in the back then hands me the knotted pillow case. My husband happened to be home for lunch and was eating inside. I asked her if she wanted her pillowcase back and she said no then abruptly jumped back into her van and drove off.

I walked back into the house and my husband asked me what I got, then I remind him of the woman at the rummage sale as I open the bag. I take a small peek and tell my husband . . . "Honey, this is NOT a ball python." I reach into the bag and pull out . . . .
DSCF6004.jpg

So we now own our very first Red-Tail Boa. We don't know the sex so we will be calling it a 'she'. She is 5 feet long and weighs in at 1130grams.

Anyone have any tips on what she needs? Or a way to sex her? Any clues on her age, or morph, kind of red-tail?

Heck anything I really have no clue about red-tail boas.

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
I really don't know anything about snakes at all....but Im sure glad this girl has you guys now...doesnt sound like she was in a very good situation!

Im sure between googling and some snake boards you will find out everything you need to know about her! Im so glad you took her in, she is beautiful!

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
What was a docile red tail yesterday is a hellfire aggressive red tail today. Well we can't keep her I have young children and I can't have anything like that here.

I'm going to have to find her an experienced home.

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Sounds like a larger version of my 2 :lol: started out sweet as pie and now if they catch us looking in the bin they try to get a bite of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom