Odd Hiding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time, no post. I'm back with a question regarding Jabberwock's hiding behavior.

For a long time, the Jabs' only hide was placed smack in the middle of the tank - right under the heating spotlight - where it could double as a basking platform. It was also just a bit too small, so he used it rarely. Recently, I got him a much larger, more comfortable hide and placed it in the cool end of the tank. He took to it very well and immediately moved in.

And refused to leave it.

For two days.

Finally, I had to remove the hide in order to spray and feed him. Once I put the hide back in, he went back into it and again refused to come out.

Can anyone help me figure out what's going on? I'd hate to have a hideless lizard, since I know that adds to their stress. However, I'm afraid that if he keeps on spending all day in the hide, he'll fail to bask and develop MBD, not to mention that it's a pain in the butt to feed and water him.

Thanks in advance.

ElectricPaladin

Original Poster
That wouldn't be an option - I'm gone way too much of the day.

In the end, I just rearranged the viv a bit to find a place for the hide on the side he doesn't prefer it. He still visits it occasionally, but doesn't get obsessed. I'd love to understand why he's doing this, but the problem is more or less solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom