odd feeding and pooping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well my beardie doesnt seem to want to eat any greens lately and seems to only want to eat crickets, is this a problem? also the lil guy doesnt seem to be pooping as often as he used too. should i be worried?

ps: temps are correct and i have all the right bulbs and he is in a 40 gallon tank recently started feeding him mustard greens for his veggies since the collards went bad.

cautiontapeman

Original Poster
nvm on the pooping part the little guy droped a nice little present in there after i gave him a nice warm bath but he still doesnt really show any interest in his greens. any idea why? when i got the lil guy he was happy with his greens and crickets and now shows no interest in his greens.

Grommet

Hatchling Member
Finicky little boogers, aren't they? When Grommet goes on anti-green binges, I let her have her way for a couple days, and then step in with hand feeding. She looooovvvveeeesss being hand fed. Something about the way my fingers look seems super appetizing to her. She also loves it if I put a little pear water (pear soaked in water for 5min) over her greens, but only occasionally 'cause the sugar makes her crazy!

Pick up some collards again and see if she had just taken a liking to it. They do like to play favorites, which can end up being problematic if your store is out or it's the wrong time of year. Grommet will also pooh pooh certain batches of greens. Sometimes the mustards are good, sometimes their not. And it's usually by bunch, I assume different fertilizers make the greens taste and smell different. She's very particular about her dandelions.

The fool proof way to get Grommet to eat her greens is to put a few butterworms in, and stir the greens when the worms hide. My partner and I call them dragon crack 'cause she just can't get enough.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom