odd behavior

spencer118

Hatchling Member
june is shedding almost all over, i took her out and she was like scooting everywhere and scratching her self. i put her back in her cage and she started puffing up her beard and scooting backwards, she fell off her basking spot. i havent seen her act like this ever. i dont know if it was a temporary thing because shes acting normal now. shes very active now, i dont know if im just paranoid or if somethings wrong😥 i uploaded a picture to show how much shes shedding
20230630_134136.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They are pretty clumsy, she was probably scratching her beard and just plopped off. Keep an eye out for black bearding or breathing hard. If neither of those she is most likely all good.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Normal on the black beard when taking her out is kind of subjective. Every beardie has it's own quirks so what is normal for one might not be for another.

spencer118

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Normal on the black beard when taking her out is kind of subjective. Every beardie has it's own quirks so what is normal for one might not be for another.
i woke up today and noticed that shes been very puffed up and shes wiggling around in her basking spot, is that concerning?? i dont know if itd be best to wait till she stops shedding to take her to the vet

spencer118

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i woke up today and noticed that shes been very puffed up and shes wiggling around in her basking spot, is that concerning?? i dont know if itd be best to wait till she stops shedding to take her to the vet
video of what shes been doing 😥

Attachments

• 20230701_101551(1).mp4
    5.9 MB

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Looks like she trying to get the shed off

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, they can really have strange behavior when they are shedding! Hopefully once she
gets it all off she will go back to normal.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom