Nugget bit his tail :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitronovice

Original Poster
oh my gosh i just cut the tip off and i'm feeling really bad about it. nugget definitely felt the cut cause he gave out a rather big flinch, but he doesn't seem pissed about it. he's totall calm after the flinch, as if nothing happened.
the black tip was spreading up the tail slowly and i decided i can't wait till the weekend to go to the vet, if getting an appointment on such short noice is even possible.
thankfully there's no bleeding, but i still feel really bad about it >.>

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh that is good you are going to try & get a vet's appointment. You will need to make sure that the infection doesn't get out of control.
At least there was no blood when you snipped the end of the tail off, but too bad he still felt it though.
How is he doing otherwise, does he seem to be in good spirits?

Tracie

nitronovice

Original Poster
he's been more active since i snipped the end off than he has been since he bit it, so i assume he's just fine with missing a small portion of his tail.
the wound seems to have sealed up for the most part, but i'm still keeping it clean and applying ointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom