Now Introducing: Zero!! PICTURES!! 9/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today March 29, 2013 marks the day my little home became a little more full and my heart became exponentially more happy. Today I brought home my Zero and I couldn't be happier. I love him for his colors and because he was the only one glass dancing at PetSmart, he instantly fell asleep in my hand, didn't want to be put down, but then pancaked asleep as soon as I let him go. It was love at first laugh with this baby and I'm so excited. When I put him in his viv he again didn't want to be let go. Whether boy or girl, Zero is gonna be so attached to mommy, I can already tell. :)

Asleep on his basking rock
h5kUquE.jpg

dCyTFL2.jpg

I love my little Zero and I'm sure this will be a happy life for the both of us :)

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I've lived off of much less in a week, but I get where you're coming from. Time to find a dollar store, a grocery outlet, and stop driving to conserve gas LOL

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Well yea but I do have to drive to my mom's lol other than that time for Dollar menu because everything is worth it for Noodle

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah I think I'll ask my dad if he could fill my tank since I'm leaving that way I could save $27 from that. I was going to buy a Reptisun for Noodle this week so she could have it soon but with this I'm scared to blow money and not have enough to feed her. Is it possible she could go a week or 2 with no UVB bulb but would be ok if I took her outside for an hour or 2 for sun

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Right now she has a Reptiglo 10 compact bulb but they bring her outside 2 hours a day. So would the same thing be ok?

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I don't know for certain, but if it's what you have to do, it's what you have to do. Food is super important, so spend money there and IF you can, get the bulb.

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Ok well I guess I'll just wait on tghe Reptisun then so I have enough money for sure to feed her

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Don't use the ReptiGlo compact. That will cause eye problems sooner or later. If you can get her outside for 45 min to an hour a day, that's as good as a full day with the ReptiSun. That will be perfectly sufficient until you get the bulb, as long as you do it every day.

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Administered last dose of both medicines today. Disinfectant arrived yesterday so I'm going to buy distilled water from the Dollar Store and chuck everything in a large bin and let is soak. It won't be boiling hot, but it will at least be submerged in the water and disinfectant.

There is going to be some major cleaning today, though I'm still not sure how long is long enough to allow the wooden furniture to air dry after being submerged in the disinfecant (what with my lack of oven and all). I'm assuming a couple days would suffice, yea?

On my shopping list:
Spray Bottle
6-10 Gallons of Distilled Water
oz Measuring Cup

I'm going to be looking into other peoples' Coccidia threads to see if they have any good cleaning tips.

ALSO I had a REALLY strange dream last night where my sister got a small beardie and he stayed in Zero's viv (my sister hates lizards and we don't live together). He was slightly larger than Zero, and was more active and I remember stressing over separating them and noticing this new beardie's energy levels. It kinda felt like that was the personification of the beardie I hope Zero grows up to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom