not very active out of cage

Alwills2708

Original Poster
im only on here checking if everything is okay with my beardie, people online saying they can be very active and running around while out of the cage when their in a new environment, ive had mine about 1 week now and has seemed to take a liking to me, hes very active in the cage running about, but as soon as i try show him a new environment in my house, he doesn’t move? its concerning me a touch can someone help tell me if this is normal or not, thanks

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
that's totally normal. he's still new to you and your home. let him get used to things for a couple weeks before trying to let him free roam. it's a big scary would out there for him! also, make sure you are not coming in from above him when you try to handle him. they have a sensor on top of their head and will think you are a predator. when i first got sir henry, i'd just reach in, from the side, and give him a quick chin scratch when I walked by his enclosure. after a couple weeks he figured out he had nothing to fear and i was safe. that helped his confidence when we started working on time outside the enclosure.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
that's totally normal. he's still new to you and your home. let him get used to things for a couple weeks before trying to let him free roam. it's a big scary would out there for him! also, make sure you are not coming in from above him when you try to handle him. they have a sensor on top of their head and will think you are a predator. when i first got sir henry, i'd just reach in, from the side, and give him a quick chin scratch when I walked by his enclosure. after a couple weeks he figured out he had nothing to fear and i was safe. that helped his confidence when we started working on time outside the enclosure.
I agree completely 🙂

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom