Not sure what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blankenship24

Hatchling Member
Hey everyone,

I could use some help. I have a bearded dragon who is approximately 10 months old, maybe a little older. She had been acting really strange and digging in the corners of her cage and just very restless. Glass surfing. Nothing had been changed in her cage. Then when i went to wake her up this morning she had about 12 eggs in the bed that she sleeps in. So that explains her crazy behavior. My question is, do I need to do something for her afterwards? Any medicine or calcium, or anything basically. My other dragon has never had eggs so I am a bit lost at the moment. Thanks so much, Jen.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
When I read her behavior, I was going to say that she may be gravid with infertile eggs and was going to suggest getting a lay box ready.

Since she only laid 12, she may still lay a few more sporatically for a few days yet. And, she may lay one to three more clutches anywhere from 2 wks to 2 months from now although our 11 month old only laid one clutch of 21 eggs over 2 months ago and hasn't laid anymore.

Be sure to increase her calcium intake to 5 days a wk and also give her a lot of feeders. Also recommend baths and oral fluids to help rehydrate her as laying eggs really dries them out.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom