Not sure if this is normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Recently rescued a bearded dragon that had been left by it’s owner... it was a friend of mines roommate and they moved out and left there bearded dragons. I was told that she’s about three but is very small for three. My other beardie is about a year and a half and is huge compared to her but he is also male. My bearded dragon is nice and chunky and healthy so I told her I would take one of the bearded dragons and try to get her healthy again.. she was very skinny and you could tell she wasn’t fed well or being taken care of. I’ve had her about a month. She has put on weight but she has these weird looking bumps on her sides. I’m not sure if it’s because she’s still not at the weight she needs to be at or if something could be wrong. She is also missing part of her tail. I’m not sure what happened to it but I think she was just mistreated before I got her. She is currently peeling. She is very active and alert and eats very well. I’m scared to allow her near my other bearded dragon Incase she has something because I don’t want him to get sick. I want her to get healthy so eventually I can mate them but I k ow she needs to be healthy first. Also my friend said she’s been laying eggs every two months so she may been deficient and calcium from laying so many eggs. I’ve been giving her calcium lots of fresh fruit and vegetables and crickets and meal worms. She has a basking lamp and a Uv lamp also and a 40 gallon tank. So any ideas of the lumps on her side or ideas on how to get her back completely healthy would be appreciated thanks.
101049-7398282173.jpg
101049-8616473414.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, poor thing is in rough shape. Can you get better pics of her side, and are the bumps on both sides ? It might be broken ribs, possibly broke and then healed that way. It's good that she's eating well, be sure to dust her insects well and you can feed her twice a day since she's egg laying.

Be careful to attend to her AFTER you're done with your other dragon so as not to transfer any disease she might have. Don't use the same equipment for her, bathe in the same place, etc. She will not be in breeding condition at any time, it would be too much stress for her if you've ever seen males, they can be very rough with their mates.

Renemurphy86

Original Poster
Yes she does have the bumps on both sides... I put calcium Connor food before I feed her and all so I make sure to wash my hands and they have separate everything so the other one doesn’t get sick if she has something. Here are a few more pictures sorry she’s shedding right where they are at.
101049-6032289630.jpg
101049-6893040701.jpg
101049-6003644974.jpg
101049-8514898601.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom