Not sure if shedding or a mistake/bad husbandry on my end

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHannaman

Original Poster
Ok folks! I have officially purchased this beauty from Rainbow Dragons:
75323-1173204179.jpg
75323-2426434234.jpg

It's claimed to possibly have some German Giant in him and he's a 5 month @ 16". I was hoping to receive him this week, but the weather here is awful :/. I'm hoping the weather will break next week (maybe even this week, fingers crossed)! And do you all think he'll transiton easy from crickets to reptiworms/roaches?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Very nice dragon ! There shouldn't be any problem with him changing his insect diet. If anything he'll probably love the Phoenix/Reptiworms. Those will be very small though, so you might also try butterworms and he'll probably be ready for superworms in a month. If he likes the dubias alot, they will be the best feeder nutrition -wise.

MHannaman

Original Poster
I'll be ordering the large phoenix worms. Which aren't really "large" lol, but I have fed my previous beardie dubias and he loved them, so I'm hoping for the same result. I did buy new supplements yesterday to replace my flukers calcium d3 and multivitamin. I bought rep cal supplements but I'm a little confused on the directions. It states that I should mix the calcium d3 WITH the herptivite. I thought those kind of cancelled each other out if done that way? Any advice?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
MHannaman":3sgoffef said:
I'll be ordering the large phoenix worms. Which aren't really "large" lol, but I have fed my previous beardie dubias and he loved them, so I'm hoping for the same result. I did buy new supplements yesterday to replace my flukers calcium d3 and multivitamin. I bought rep cal supplements but I'm a little confused on the directions. It states that I should mix the calcium d3 WITH the herptivite. I thought those kind of cancelled each other out if done that way? Any advice?

The philosophy behind that is that minerals can cause untimely degradation of the vitamins. They don't cancel each other out, per say. It's worried me a bit about the inconsistency in dusting advice vs packaging instructions for the rep-cal.

Allen Repashy goes into detail about his products (the whys and how's) and the third form last paragraph in particular is about the mixing question. Basically it depends on the technology being used to make/process the vitamins.
http://www.store.repashy.com/vitamins-and-minerals-in-the-superfood-products.html

MHannaman

Original Poster
I don't know why it's so hard for companies to give honest advice, or for them to fully understand thier product and how to use it properly before selling to the public -_-. Thank god for you guys!

MHannaman

Original Poster
OK FOLKS..THE DAY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED :D.. Here he is!
75323-4097029814.jpg
75323-9743814547.jpg
75323-8207127042.jpg
my only concern is that the log and basking spot isn't big enough... which I have rearranged about a gazillion times :/.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Nice big handsome boy ! I see he's gone in to shed....he'll grow quickly I'm sure. I think the basking spot is fine for him. In the future if he outgrows it or you just want a different log you can pick one from outside.....I like straight ones that are about 3" wide and about 20 -24" long. I clean them off + put them in a preheated oven at 225 for about an hour or a bit more. Anyway.....nice dragon + nice set up. :)

MHannaman

Original Poster
He's perfect. SO much better than pet store quality/health! I'm dying to hold him all day but I thought I'd be nice and let him warm up and get used to the environment :p . Now I'm just waiting on some supers, phoenix worms and roaches to come in. Which should be about a Half hour. Can't wait to see what this dudes appetite is like :)

MHannaman

Original Poster
Is this normal poop for a healthy dragon? I don't really know what it should look like since my last 2 were sickly pet store ones.
75323-9585280483.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom