Not shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrittanyS

Hatchling Member
I've had Buddah since December 27, 2008. She has only shed once since then. Her tail appears to have turned the color it does right before a shed, but it has been like that for about two weeks. She did shed around her nose and mouth but that's all. She is about 10 inches long. I soak her every other day for about 10 minutes. The lighting and the temps are all correct. She eats about 30 crickets a day. I don't know why she isn't shedding.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
I'm going through the same thing. I've had my dragon a little over three weeks and every day see seems closer and closer to shedding with no avail. Hopefully soon.

I'm interested in others replies.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hi there,
Well not all dragons shed as regularly as others, and they certainly can take their time with it.
My boy Ruben who is about 13" sheds in patches, his nose, his arms, his head, his tail then his body.
So he seems like he isnt shedding for ever and then for the next month somepart of his body will ALWAYS be in shed.
At the moment he is on his head+beard+tail shed.
He's on about week 2 of discoloration without any shed yet but he does tend to shed slowly.
He took almost 3 weeks to shed his nose though as he has damaged scales on there.

If you want to help the process along you can get some 100% aloe vera or vitamin E oil and massage it in circles into your dragons skin in a nice warm bath.
I use vitamin E liquid capsules for humans and just poke a hole in one.
I usually see shed start to come away a couple of days after an oil rub.

When a dragon is shedding bathing really helps, you want to leave her in longer than 10 minutes during a shed if she isnt getting a bath every day.
Generally in my house we do 15 minute baths every day until we're through shedding.

Holly

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
thanks, I'm going to try the Vit E! I was worried that maybe it had something to do with my uvb, still could be, I'm in the process of getting it closer.

Thanks for the options!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The 100% Aloe Vera gel works very well along with the Vit E capsules. One thing I wanted to mention that is to make sure that you don't put your beardie under the basking bulb with any type of oil or gel still noticeable on their skin, otherwise it could cause a nasty burn.

BrittanyS

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This morning, there was no sign of shedding.
I went out with my boyfriend for about three hours and when I got home, half of her tail was already shed! :blob5: :blob8:
I was really worried thinking she was not growing. Even though when ever my uncles see her they are shocked by how large she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom