Not pooping during brumation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Im a little worried about Dudley, because he hasnt pooped in, like, 3 weeks :( He has been brumating on and off, so he hasnt eaten a ton, but what goes in has to come out at some point, doesnt it?!
This last week he was mostly awake, and he ate a decent amount... Probably a total of 15 supers, and some veggies. The week before that he at 2 or 3 supers, and the week before he ate 1 I think. So he isnt eat eating as much as usual.
Is this normal?
Ive been waking him up once a week to offer him food and give him a bath. I bathed him on Sunday, and I tried to bathe him yesterday (He would have non of it, LOL) but no poop :( When he went last, I got him tested for parasites and he didnt have any. The last 2 days he has been sleeping again, but I dont want him to brumate if he isnt "cleaned out". Should I give him some applesauce or olive oil?

BTW he is acting perfectly fine- He isnt bloated, moving around just fine, still has some appetite.

AO111

Hatchling Member
I'm worried about Sammy too. I think she's in brumation and she is also eating some but not pooping. :|

AO111

Hatchling Member
I'm worried about Sammy too. I think she's in brumation and she is also eating some but not pooping. :|

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
I would go with applesauce or olive oil. Best to make sure there is nothing left inside your beardie so that he doesnt wake up with parasites or some other nasty. I find either of those and a nice long warm bath does the trick. :D

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks! Ill give him some tonight, and bathe him tomorrow... Hopefully that will do the trick!

Do you know if its abnormal for them to go this long without going to the bathroom?

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
To be honest from what I have read on here beardies have no regular rythm. I know they go more often when they are younger than as adults. I think brumation throws everything out of sync (just so that we can have something else to worry about). The important thing is that if it goes in it needs to come out. At least you know there are no parasites to contend with. These really do multiply big time when beardies brumate if they are already present. :mrgreen:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Yeah, Im glad I got his last poo tested! Otherwise, I wouldnt have gotten another chance to! :p
Over the summer, he would go every day or every other day. I have to admit though, its nice not to have to clean up after him :roll:

Ill give him his applesause tonight, and Ill let everyone know how it goes LOL

Jess

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
The apple sauce worked! Dudley gave birth to the biggest dump Ive ever seen... In 3 days, it would have been a month with out pooping for him :shock:

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Jess4921":qqun3t42 said:
The apple sauce worked! Dudley gave birth to the biggest dump Ive ever seen... In 3 days, it would have been a month with out pooping for him :shock:
lol, did you get a picture of it? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom