Not Growing! Worried!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, my beardie, tibs, is about a year old and is now 1 foot long. Is this normal, and if not, how can I get him to get on a normal growth pattern? here is some info on him:

1 year, 1 foot head to tip of tail
100watt hologen bulb
Repitsun 10.0 tube bulb 7 1/2 inches away from basking area
has a place to climb
TEMPS:
Hot side: 85-87
Cold side: 70-80 (not quite sure)
I feed him 20 gutloaded crickets a day cause thats all he seems to eat
they are dusted in calcium once a day, and multivitamins once every other day
Seems to sleep alot and seems to need help getting up in the morning----sometimes
Name: Tibz(s)
Traits: Sleepy, sometimes aggresive, and doesn't seem to like vegetables, which i feed him raw, shreded carrots and occaisonally broccoli, planning to get him collard and turnip greens along with peas

Please help me, ALSO, He is quite sluggish and deoesn't seem to eat alot so can someone help me with that too?
Thanks guys, look forward to a response... :)

Cuda

Gray-bearded Member
Retired Moderator
If that high side temp is at the basking spot, it's way too low. Try to get it to around 110.

kirbypo354

Original Poster
More accurate tempatures:
Basking average-112
Hot Side- 96-98

He also just started licking to test-strawberry, and he seems to like it. Should I feed him strawberry?

kirbypo354

Original Poster
Okay 3 things:
One. I use a wall therm form petco (seems to work well) and a probe therm for basking spot
Two. He's still not growing. On average he should be like 2 foot by this point I think. I'm really worried. I think i'm neglecting him and he wont grow becuase of it :cry:
Three. He won't eat veggies. He just won't and I want him to cause I think thats the culprit of his growth patern

Can anyone help me with the veggie problem along with the growth? :oops:

kirbypo354

Original Poster
Thats the problem. He won't eat greens! I'm getting mustard and turnip greens soon, but for now he just won't eat anything but crickets... I force fed him kale yesterday. He sorta opened his mouth at me when I put him on my couch, then I stuck a piece of kale right into his mouth. He didn't eat the other piece. What should I do?

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
I have been having this battle for three years now, it seem sthat some dragons, no matter how hard you try will just not take to greens!

I have tried hand feeding, popping some in her mouth, waving it around, putting worms in it, changing it up, trying differet types of bowls/plates etc. the best advice i can give is to keep trying! Try all of the things above, try new things, Gizmo always has some in her cage, and i always spend about 30 min each morning trying to get her to eat something, then again when i get home later in the day!

If worst comes to worst, just really gut lod your feeders, as they will get the nutrients that way!

kirbypo354

Original Poster
O.K

But that doesn't answer my ultimate question:

Why isn't he growing! How can I get him healthier to grow, if he is unhealthy..

Freeie

Extreme Poster
All you can do is make sure your lighting is up to date. His basking temps at his age should be lower anyways at 112f mine wouldnt bask they would be on the cool side. 100f to 103f here some times they even move at the 103f. How is he getting his fluids? You cant force them to eat veggies. You can try butternut squash baby food if he likes that you could put it on the veggies. I got mine to eat their veggies buy adding the crickets to the salad bowl. I have 1 out of my 5 that dislikes his veggies so he gets his baby food with this calcium or vitamins in it depending on what day it is. He will eat his bugs tho. Hes 24 inches and 17 months old. Its alot of hard work but hes worth it to me :D

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Basking temps should be at 105 some beardies do not like it hot.Malibu prefers 100-101 she will not bask at higher temps.
How old did you say your repti sun was?
Keep trying different greens dandilion.mustard,collard ,clover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom