not eatting as much insects

Status
Not open for further replies.
buterbean is around 8 to9 months old,i've notice for about a month now, she
doesn't eat as many worms or crixs.i still offer them,in fact i just fed her and
only ate 2 crixs. she ate salad earlyer. is this normal,i have heard,the older they get
the last crixs, etc. they want. thanks :shock:

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
It is true that they eat less protein as they get older. How big is your beardie now?
Does he eat a lot more salad since he quit eating as much protein?

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Well, if she is eating a lot of salad, then she may be adjusting her diet on her own. Does it seem that she has slowed her growing considerably? Generally they stop/slow growing at around 12 months (from what I have read) and enter adulthood around 18 months, but every dragon is different (we have all seen those 15 year old girls who look old enough to go to the club!!). I would continue to supplement her food as if she were still a juvie, though; and be sure to offer her as much protein as she wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom