Not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my husband and I have recently gotten into bearded dragons (and by interested, I mean obsessed!) and have purchased some new beardies. We started with an adult female that he literally found in the middle of the road about 4 months ago! In the last month and a half we have purchased quite a few new juveniles that we are going to grow up and trying breeding in a couple of years. So while most everyone is eating regularly and growing/looking great, we have two little sisters that we just cant seem to get to eat regularly! We have had them for about a month now (~5 weeks actually) and they are housed together in a 20L and I have never seen any aggression at all. Larger one is frequently pressed up against the glass and the little one is usually sleeping. They have been offered different greens (either collard greens, kale, mustard greens & dandelion greens) everyday, small-med crickets, small superworms, wax worms and wet pellets. They have water in the cage daily and get baths 1-2 a week. But we honestly dont see them eating everyday and when they do eat it is usually 1 cricket or a worm for the entire day. Sometimes it looks like they "might" eat the greens but not always. They havent really grown at all (~6.25in and 8in)!! The fact that 5 weeks later they are still alive gives me hope but I would like to know if there are any tricks to getting these girls to eat! The others are eating like crazy and yet these girls are eating next to nothing (sometimes nothing!!). TIA!

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
I really don't know what to tell you. Hopefully they are settleing down more and eating a little better for you. Good luck,
Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom