Not eating salad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluemoon

Hi we've had our beardie Frodo since October and up until a couple of weeks ago he was eating all his salad every day but now he's stopped eating it completely the past few days. He's still eating his live food every day but just worrried why he's not eating his veggies, giving him spring greens, rocket, then mixing in bits of carrot, sweet potato, basil, occasionally bits of red peppers, celery, blueberries etc so offering lots of variety I think. Anyone help?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
How old is your bearded dragon?If he's young sometimes they will love their salad for a few weeks and then suddenly decide to just want bugs for a bit which is fine for younger ones but with adults its not as good if they just want bugs 24/7. My juvenile is usually good with her salad and bugs but she has her moments when she just wants her yummy crickets and calciworms and roaches rather than her healthy nice greens.

By spring mix do you mean a mix of stuff thats already in a bag? If so can you tell me what is in there just in case your feeding something you shouldnt.

Also it doesnt matter to much but can you tell me about his setup,
What is his substrate/bedding?
How big is his tank?
What uvb lights are you using? (tube light, MVB, coil/compact)
If a tube light is it a t5 10.0, t5 5.0, or a t8 10.0?
If t5 10.0 is it a HO?
Is the uvb light inside or outside the tank?
What is his basking spot temp?
Any other heat sources other than a basking light?
Also what bugs are you feeding, how many times a day are you feeding him and how much each feeding.

Bluemoon

Original Poster
Hi we were told he was 18 months when we got him in October so he'll be about 20 months now if they were correct in the shop. His spring greens are in a made up bag but there's nothing else in there and I take out any thick stem parts.
In answer to your other questions- his substrate is kitchen roll, his tank is 120x49x43.4cm, he has 2 tube lights, 1 25w 2% UVB and 1 25w 10% UVB, inside the tank. Also has a basking light 100w on top of Viv on top of mesh. His basking spot is about 37.9 degrees Celsius

Bluemoon

Original Poster
Hi sorry I forgot to say what he is eating - 3 or 4 wax worms a day and also 4 locusts - any advice would be great - I am a novice at this and found lots of conflicting information online and at different pet stores. I really want to make sure he is happy and healthy,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom