Not eating/leg twitching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozen

Hello. My 6 month old bearded dragon is not doing too well. It all happend when the timer that i used broke and didn't turn his lights off and i went out for the night thinking the timer would work as it always does. But i came home and the light was still on so i turned it off and he went to sleep and woke up so i turned the lights on for prob about 3 hours after about 6 hours of sleep. I tried to feed him but he wouldn't eat. What should i do? His leg is also twitching.

I have a T-rex MVB 100 watt i thought i was doing everything well. What should i do!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, your T-rex should be fine. How old is the light? I doubt he has metabolic bone disease, unless you are not giving any calcium supplementation. Are you giving calcium supplementation? If so how often? At 6 months of age, he does need calcium 5 times per week. Do you use vitamins as well at least once per week right now?
I would let him go to bed early tonight, to get some extra sleep & try to get him back on schedule the next day. Since he is so tired, he most likely will not eat. He should get back to eating in the next day or so after he catches up on some sleep.

Tracie

Rozen

Original Poster
thank you :3! He ate some crickets today and drank some water! so i guess he is feeling better :3

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Very good that he did eat today! :D He just needed some more sleep. Becoming too tired can cause strange muscular twitches, etc. Just make sure you are giving enough calcium just to be sure he is not having any issues there.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom