Not eating crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
By beardie has not been eating crickets lately. He only eats two or three and just lets the others run around. He eats veggies everyday. The last time he pooped was yesterday (9/12) I stopped feeding him mealworms about 5 days ago. He also started to shed on his head. Thanks!

chelarlie

He sounds fine. Beardies can get finicky. My adult beardie went over a year without eating live crickets. They really bothered her... almost like they were invading her space. I fed her canned crickets during that time and she was a happy girl.
Meal worms are controversial... try super worms once in awhile if your bearding just won't eat crickets and he just has to have protein.
While they should probably poop daily, this doesn't always happen. If he is starting to look round in the belly or uncomfortable, rub his belly and give him a warm soak.
Shedding time annoys my little guys, but it usually only lasts a couple days. As long as he is eating and pooping, he sounds perfectly fine.

My beardie will not touch crickets, he ate 5 the first week I got him, I thought it was relocation stress but he loves to sit on my shoulder and is very active so I got tired of him ignoring them. I ordered reptiworms and he eats them, I also don't have to dust them in calcium but I do multivit twice a week.

I did try super worms the day before the reptiworms arived but I didn't like how big the "small" ones were and if their chitin was safe for him. I bought a dozen just to last him the day and the lady said judging by his age he wouldn't come near eating them all...he ate 8 before becoming full...I couldn't get them to him fast enough.

Just keep trying stuff...I found out how finicky mine is :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom