Not eating at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

brodie67

I now understand brumation but how come riddick will not eat at all? He hasn't eaten in about 2 weeks and im very worried. He picks up his head and opens his eyes then lays back down and sleeps, thats all he does. Please answer!

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Brumation is a state of dormancy when they actually slow their metabolism down so much there is no need for food. Their heart rate decreases and respiration is slowed so that their bodies are in a super conservative mode. When some dragons brumate, they sleep deeply and soundly, but most of mine seem to be semi alert, cracking an eye from time to time. I don't bother them unless they go over a month without water, I check the fat pads and offer water or give a soak if they are sunken in a little. He may stay that way for another month, just be sure he stays hydrated and drinks plenty of water when he wakes up. I know you probably miss him terribly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom