Not Eating. 24Hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anc90

Hatchling Member
Vinny has not eating any crickets or greens at all today or yesterday..He pooped this morning and it looked fine,and he pooped yesterday morning looked fine also. He has live crickets and has ZERO interest in them. I offered him Phoenix worms and he has yet to even try them,he runs back up and basks. I have tried feeding him in another tank but he just glass dances and looks up at me to get out.. I gave him his bath and he drank like he normally does. My small roaches just came in the mail about 5 minutes ago,and I put them in a small bowl and he just again ran right up his log to bask.

He is a in 35Gallon Tank
100W bulb for basking
10.0 Repti Sun UVB
Repti Carpet(No Sand)

Cool side temps are 77*F
Warm side Temps 102*F

Is this normal?!

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
How long have you had Vinny?

Is the warm side temp of 102 a basking surface temp? How are you taking the temp, with a probe?

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Goodtruant":19zmquft said:
How long have you had Vinny?

Is the warm side temp of 102 a basking surface temp? How are you taking the temp, with a probe?
This will be 2 and a half weeks so not long at all. Yes that is how I am taking the temps. I also have two temp gauges in there,and I have a temp gun. I got him to eat two crickets and a dubia today... I just feel like he should be eating more?

KDK241

Hatchling Member
Has he been shedding at all? Emerson turned down food for the first time yesterday and just sat and basked all day and today his whole body is shedding.

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
A couple days ago he finished shedding his legs but doesn't look like any signs of shedding on his body. He isn't acting lethargic or anything I let him run around today and he had a ton of energy.

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
OK maybe he just doesn't like the whole cricket thing?! I put some more roaches in and he ran down and ate them all..

KDK241

Hatchling Member
Maybe it was time for a change, lol. My collared lizard changes his mind about what he wants to eat every day...the problem is I have to offer him one of everything until I figure out what it is he's in the mood for that day :roll:

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Went down to turn off his lights and tuck him into bed,and he's started going through a face shed. You have jinxed him! LOL He was fine this morning then all of a sudden around his little eyes and head started shedding!

KDK241

Hatchling Member
Sorry :oops: Hey, I have a knight anole, emerald swift and a bearded dragon who are all shedding right now. I feel the worst for my poor swift, he looks like he's wearing a crusty brown sweater :( Emerson "looked" like he was done shedding and then the next morning his whole body, tail and 2 legs were gray. He hasn't even started on his face yet. I look at it this way, its the one time that they might not eat as much and I don't have to worry that its not normal :roll: Of course Ali hasn't eaten today now so I'm sure I jinxed myself too, lol.

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KDK241":290ze2pd said:
Sorry :oops: Hey, I have a knight anole, emerald swift and a bearded dragon who are all shedding right now. I feel the worst for my poor swift, he looks like he's wearing a crusty brown sweater :( Emerson "looked" like he was done shedding and then the next morning his whole body, tail and 2 legs were gray. He hasn't even started on his face yet. I look at it this way, its the one time that they might not eat as much and I don't have to worry that its not normal :roll: Of course Ali hasn't eaten today now so I'm sure I jinxed myself too, lol.
You have a full house!! Poor babies,that is true! Atleast they are getting it over with for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom