Not digesting fly larvae...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie’s temperatures are correct under his basking spot, but the BSFL are coming out whole when he poops. The poo looks normal, but I see whole BSFL when it breaks apart. Is this normal?

KevinsMom33

Hatchling Member
same exact thing happened to me with Phoenix worms- and they were still alive when she pooped them - so gross. Apparently because they are small, they just get swallowed whole and not chewed up - and sometimes, just go straight through and back out - so nasty... I don't know why - hopefully someone else could help us as I like phoenix worms for mine.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I started offering them one at a time to help make sure they get chewed up. Since they're so small they become more of a treat than a staple. I like using them when I'm traveling. Letting them hatch into flies makes for a good treat too and they seem to digest more completely.

Obduratekitti

Original Poster
So it’s just because the beardie isn’t chewing them properly?

I started adding pellets to the larvae to encourage better chewing habits. I can’t tell if it’s helping yet or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom