Not Basking at all....whats wrong with her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

civicblend97

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
mellu":vw6rnjvt said:
0405011213.jpg
You can see how there are only caps over the ends of the bulb, those are how it's hung as well, I got them at the pet store, in the fish tank section.

I like that....but how do I hang one of those in my tank?

MissT

BD.org Addict
It might be a good idea to take in a sample and ask them to do a full screen of it- just to rule out parasites. I had a beardie with perfectly normal looking stools who, when his poop was screened, turne out to have quite high pinworm levels...

civicblend97

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MissT":3zrzkjuo said:
It might be a good idea to take in a sample and ask them to do a full screen of it- just to rule out parasites. I had a beardie with perfectly normal looking stools who, when his poop was screened, turne out to have quite high pinworm levels...

I will have to do that...but right now i'm on my way to petsmart for a bulb....I just got done reading the Problems regarding Solor Glo UVB rays thread and theres a lot of people on there that are having the same exact problems as me....

civicblend97

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well Petsmart dont sell Reptisun...they had reptiglow.....
So I went to PetCo....they didnt have a long enough bulb to fit my 44 gal tank....but they had a Zilla hood Strip light fixture that came with a bulb. I bought it....really upset because I was looking for a reptisun.....but im going to try this and see if it will work. Changed out her basking bulb for a zoo-med basking bulb...checking temps in her cage right now..

MissT

BD.org Addict
I hate to break it to u but the Zilla bulbs are not good either :( how long were the repti sun bulbs- u can get away with a bulb that is half the length of the viv so if u can, return the zilla stuff and get the reptisun

mellu

Juvie Member
I know a lot of people on here slam them but I've been using repti-glo since I got Mika and I've never had a problem. If it were feasible for me I'd have reptisuns though. It would cost me $50 per bulb minimum, shipping to Newfoundland is super expensive. I hung my fixture by lowering the bulb into the tank, pulling the cords until the bulb was just under the screen cover, then closing the screen cover, it leaves a bump for the cords to escape but yet holds them in place perfectly. My tanks are open front, if you have a top accessible tank it won't work as you'd have to keep fixing it every time you took your beardie out.

civicblend97

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Went to Petsmart this morning and bought the 20'' reptisun hood and took the zilla back to petco, and picked up one of there reptisun 10.0 18'' bulbs.
I changed her basking bulb as well....to a zoomed 75watt basking bulb....as of right now I just got done feeding her dubias, and she just got done munching most of her greens, and she just jumped on her log to bask! :mrgreen:
As for SolorGlow; I will never recommend it to anyone ever, even if they fix there problem.

Will visualize her for the next 2 weeks and see what it does....i'm sure I did the right thing as far as changing her lights even if this is not the case., but do plan on in the next 2 weeks getting a fecal done.

civicblend97

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SHE's BASKING!!!!! EATING, and POOPING!!! Her feet shed yesterday... glad it was the bulb! Thanks guys for the help! Glad there is wonderful smart people to talk to on here that can help people like me in need!

MissT

BD.org Addict
That's brilliant! I used a bad powersun a few years agoand even if they were fixed, I would never recommend them at all. I had it in the viv for less than 48 hrs and my poor little girl couldn't see for 2 weeks!

That's great that she's getting back to normal! It's amazig the difference a good bulb makes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom