Not again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoon

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys...
While Ollie will happily eat all of the meat I provide him, he is yet to eat the salad I have been providing him for the past few days. He hasn't pooped in a while, either.

I have been putting the following things in his salad:
-Romaine/Arugula lettuce
-Zucchini (no skin)
-Carrots
-Apples (no skin)

What should I change? He does not look interested in his salad AT ALL. :|

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I would suggest leaving out the romaine. Add collard greens, mustard greens, turnip or dandelion greens. There is a nutrition page at beautifuldragons.com that should help a lot. Sorry I can't make a link.

Where do you get dandelion greens? I have checked all over town and cant find any anywhere. Do you have to order them? Good luck to Ollie. How old is he? If he is still a baby, he may not start eating veggies for a while.

-Emzers & Oscar :D

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
I get mustard greens, collard greens, and dandelion greens all from my local Shoprite :D (I love Shoprite!) They're all in the same section, and relatively common amongst many produce/supermarkets. Try looking for Collard greens, and soon enough you'll find dandy's and musty's! :)

Dragoon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I tried taking Romaine out and he's still not interested. He only eats meat. :(

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
You're going to have to get rid of the romaine somehow. They love it, even though it's not neccessarily "good" for them. I mean, it's not going to harm them or anything, but it's not very nutritional. Just keep trying, and try to hand feed him the other greens. If he's hungry, he should eat it.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Thats good! He's probably realizing that you're not going to bring back his old salads so he might as well eat it. Just keep trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom