Not acting right

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Alf has been acting a little off lately. First she went through spring fever,dancing and running all over her viv,now she's the opposit. She eats well,and gets a bath daily,but she wants to hide or sleep all the time now. She is also very snuggly,not that I mind that,but before she wanted to run or sit in my hand in the sun,now she wants to snuggle as close to my neck or chest as she can get.Does anyone have any idea? Her temps are right,but rechecking them this afternoon,tile for substrate,med size crickets,eats well and on her own.I give her the occasional treat of squash baby food,or applesauce. She gets a salad every day,greens(either turnip greens,collard greens,or mustard greens) and different veggies to mix in,either bell peppers,green beans etc... and fruit,strawberries are her favorite,blueberries,blackberries,banana etc.....Help PLEASE.

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
If mine snuggle in to me outside (& they live out there!), it's usually because something has spooked them - the birds, the other beardies, nothing specific, etc. Has there been anything inside or out that u might have changed or done recently that might have caused her a bit of stress? Maybe?

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I haven't changed anything I normally do that I can think of. She has always snuggled,but just more now.I guess it may be where I only get to take her out on warm days and right now those are fw and far between,but that wouldn't make her snuggle more inside. The only thing I can think of right off is that my husband isn't getting to be with her as much right now but he's been working odd hours lately.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Sara
How old is Alf again?So she went through a sudden eating and energy spurt and now she is lethargic or is that she is just mellow?Outside of this are there any other major changes you have noticed?Eating,pooping,digging,etc?

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Alf is 9 1/2 months old now. I guess I'm just a worry wort,but she's just not as active as she was. She went from being a very calm dragon to running around her viv like crazy,digging,jumping,and now I guess she has just mellowed back out,she does seem to want to sleep a lot. She gets sleepy around 5:30 in the afternoon,but I try to keep her up until at least 8:00 so she gets at least 12 hours of UVB lighting and heat. ReptiSUN 10 bulb,calcium, vitamins and no major changes.As I said before she has always been a snuggler,but more so now.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok well there could be a couple of things going on.First she is just at the mark where the juvie phase starts to roll into grown up so it simply could be that.The other thing on my list of possibilities is that she is gravid with infertile eggs which also explains pretty much every symptom.Dont feel bad I am currently going through the very same thing with Phoenix.I am 95% sure she is gravid but 5% sure she is just on a mission to send me over the edge!If you want to be safe set up a small laybox for her in her tank so she has a place to lay eggs if needed otherwise I would just watch and see.If she has a decline in health or eating then you may need to get her to the vet.Probably not the answer you were looking for as its just going to cause you more worry but at least I am right there worrying with you :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikeb
Top Bottom