Norbert's day to day *Pic Heavy!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been wanting to make a thread for Norbert for a while now, so here it goes! This is Norbert's day to day life, his milestones, and just when I think he's being too gosh darn cute! :love5:

I think Ill start from the beginning. Norbert hatched in mid to late February and is from Daichu. He is around 4 months old now, and has been nothing short of the perfect dragon! He's put up with me obsessing over ever detail of his viv, inspecting him over and over many times a day, and just being over all paranoid. He is my first dragon, and Im a very proud slave! :)

This is Norbert the very first day I had him, right after I put him in his first viv:

Him right after his first bath a day or so later:

After I moved him into his current 40 gallon breeder...He seemed MUCH happier! :D

His first full body shed with me!

Looking very proud :)

Butterworms! mmmm

Fatty!

First time eating his salad on his own. :D

And today :)

Enough pictures mom!!

Well, thats my summary of Norbert's life so far! I hope you enjoyed seeing his growth, and will follow his life with me here as it happens. :D

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Page 54. It's a head shot but you can really see the difference as there are new pics of her on the same page. Thank you for asking :D

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You can definitely see a big difference in her beard. Now it looks so plump!! I think her beard might actually be plumper than Norbert's even though his body is bigger. She looks fantastic!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Thank you. It's been a long road with Myah, She's at a really nice weight now but it took a long darn time to do everything right. Norbie has grown and changed so much. He's very eye-catching :D

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you! I still think its amazing how much his colors have changed and how big he's gotten, but how his personality has never changed and he's always been so incredibly sweet. I'm thinking about getting a second beardie either sometime soon, or in the spring (probably the spring). I hope I have just as good luck with a second as I did with Norbert.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Katie007":1jm96yca said:
I'm thinking about getting a second beardie either sometime soon, or in the spring (probably the spring). I hope I have just as good luck with a second as I did with Norbert.
Oh! How lovely! Would you get a dark one to contrast Norbie? Would you get a girl or another boy? This is exciting news! :D

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'd really like a female, and I'm thinking of either a citrus with darker sidebars, or a more red one. (I'm horrible with the morph terms lol) Lately I'm leaning towards going with TND Dragons. Tom is actually only about 25 minutes from me, so if it's OK with him, when I'm ready I'd really like to go and hand pick my next beardie. His little ones are all so adorable and healthy looking, and I've heard great things about him so I think he'd be a great choice to go with. More than likely when I pick one out I'll probably go with whatever one has the best personality. I'm not a breeder or anything, so for me personality is the most important.

Ahh! Just thinking about picking out a new little one has me all excited! LOL

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Awww... :D I have a really good breeder about 1hr away from me. We've talked and he offered to give me a tour and let me 'hand pick' as well :D Not this year though. I made a promise to a little 6yr old sweet heart about a Disney cruise :D

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
That's a lucky 6 year old! I've never been further than 3 states away, and have never left the east coast. lol

morphmom

BD.org Addict
LOL! :lol: Me either! She's an only child as I'm unable to have any more children. We put our money more into doing things rather then just buying her a bunch of toys. I think a citrus with lavender side bars for a second little one would look lovely next to Norbert. And they won't ask for a cruise! LOL! :lol:

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
LOL that's true. I think I might consider breeding in a couple years as a hobby, so it would be nice to get a female that would "mix" well with Norbie.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Oh! You're breaking my heart! :( I'd honestly pay top $ for a Norbie baby but you're too far away to ship! :shock: Curse my luck!

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Aw lol Thanks! I'm not even sure I really will breed them, but it would be nice to have the possibility. :) I also posted on the TND Dragon's Facebook and was told they usually have baby beardies during the winter months, so I might get one sooner than expected!!

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I got him in April, and it was perfect beardie shipping weather, but since I would be picking up from TND the cold weather shouldn't matter too much.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Oh, my gosh! I got Myah in April! :D Must be a good month! Names though...what goes good with Norbert? Do you have any picked out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lea K
Top Bottom