No UVB or Coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anc90

Hatchling Member
The more I read the more the Coil UVB light scares me,my Repti Sun 10.0 tube will be here on Weds( according to the fed ex tracker),will he be OK without it until then or should I just keep the coil one on him? :banghead: Kinda upset that pet stores give you so many wrong items when you get a new baby...

Thanks!

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
If you can take your beardie outside for a while every day between now and then and let him get some natural sunshine, it might be better to just take out the coil.

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've actually been debating on doing that,just nervous because he gets squirmy,any suggestions for a "leash" type thing,he's still tiny. Ive seen another member on here use floss,I cannot remember which member/thread though!!

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
If you have a large bin or a baby pool you could put him in that he couldn't climb out of, that would work. Most "leash"-type solutions really only work for older beardies.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, I am the floss leash user. If you don't mind my picture here is how it goes on.
P8050016.jpg

First I tie a lasso knot. Then I lasso it around his body. Then I put it around him like a shoulder strap for humans. Simple as that.
And yes, turn off and get rid of the coil. And you could also use some type of large high walled bin to set Vinny in for outside sun. Hope this helps! :D

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
TheWerewolf":2eft38oe said:
Yes, I am the floss leash user. If you don't mind my picture here is how it goes on.
P8050016.jpg

First I tie a lasso knot. Then I lasso it around his body. Then I put it around him like a shoulder strap for humans. Simple as that.
And yes, turn off and get rid of the coil. And you could also use some type of large high walled bin to set Vinny in for outside sun. Hope this helps! :D
Thank you so much!!! I knew it was someone and I wasn't going crazy! I wish his new UVB would get here already,I thought it would be here today but obv. they like to toture me and it wont be. -_-.UVB will be turned off. He is next to a window(the blinds are kept shut all the time,would it be OK to open the blinds for him? )

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
anc90":17xt132a said:
He is next to a window(the blinds are kept shut all the time,would it be OK to open the blinds for him? )

Since glass filters out UVB it would be pointless. And if you ordered from Petmountain like I did then it is going to be a LONG wait. I live in Maine and the UVB came from California. :shock: LONG trip. :)

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
TheWerewolf":rndq0hhi said:
anc90":rndq0hhi said:
He is next to a window(the blinds are kept shut all the time,would it be OK to open the blinds for him? )

Since glass filters out UVB it would be pointless. And if you ordered from Petmountain like I did then it is going to be a LONG wait. I live in Maine and the UVB came from California. :shock: LONG trip. :)
We actually got it from Dr. Foster & Smith because they had a couple other things we wanted to order! So hopefully their tracking is right! Its been raining the past two days and the weather has been gross.. Im ready for some 75-80 and sunny weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom