NO SUBSTRATE?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
ZEDZILLAVIDZ":fo7rw882 said:
ClydesGirl":fo7rw882 said:
I didn't think you were trying to be cruel or anything. You just didn't include a reason in your original post about why you decided to take out the carpet, so it was hard to answer your question and make suggestions about alternatives. You really should look into shelf liner. It's MUCH easier to keep clean than repticarpet. I started out with the carpet, but once I switched to shelf liner, I never looked back!
Had to look up what that shelf liner stuff is, but yea id imagine it rises off real nice and is prob dry in just seconds lol. Ill deff look into it.

I buy the Duck brand EasyLiner from Walmart for $6 a roll. Remember to get the non-adhesive kind, because the glue on the adhesive kind can give off toxic fumes when heated under the basking bulb. I also steer clear of any of the kind with a printed pattern on it. For some reason, the printed kind has sort of a "chemically" smell to it that had me a bit worried, so I only buy the solid colors. If you click on the link in my sig, you can see what the "taupe" color looks like in Bert's viv.

Bobbijo2u

Hatchling Member
I have two carpets. When I change one the other is waiting. Makes changing quick. And the other I throw in the washer with antibacterial soap. And thenLet it roast in the sun to dry.

saden99

If you don't mind some work you can get stone-ceramic tiling and grout/seal them so nothing runs beneath them. I just use stone tiles without grout and clean underneath them maybe once a month. Rupert does not use the bathroom in his cage so it stays relatively clean...every now and then I will vacuum any loose bits (usually from the stick he basks on), but it stays clean. If yours goes to the bathroom in the cage all the time then I would recommend grout and seal unless you don't mind taking out the tiles once/twice a week to wash them. You'd still want to "thoroughly" wash with bleach at least once a month.

The issue with glass is that there is no traction. It's best to figure out if he likes it and if it gives him a hard time. You want him to like his home and to not get stressed over things like...walking in it or chasing prey.

Edit: I should add that stone tiles hold heat nicely and tend to distribute it evenly across the tile. Also...there is a grout and sealant that is okay to use even with a basking light heating it...or you just don't have to use it if it worries you at all. The tiles I got were something like 0.63 cents a piece. To cover the bottom of a 75 gallon I think it's ~$16 or so depending on the tile size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom