no poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyk

i have had my beardie for about a week! it is a baby and it hasnt seemed to poop yet? any answers for me im new to them! also he looked very pale this morning and now he puked! i think it was do to the meal worms i fed him! i didnt know they arent good for them?!

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
do you know what the previous owners had as the substrate? or anyting else about he living conditions before you got him?

Also, answers to these question will help you get better answers and direction:
How old is your dragon?
How long have you had your dragon?
How long is your dragon?
What is the sex of your dragon?
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank?
Do you use UVB lights?
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?
How old is your UVB bulb?
How close can your dragon get to the UVB?
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage?
What are the basking temps?
What is the cool side temp?
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps?
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad?
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific.
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)?
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them?
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?
Do you bath your dragon? How often?
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath?
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon?
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?

Hope things go well soon!

Grommet

Hatchling Member
That sounds very serious. Are there any lumps in your little guys belly that you can feel? or lumps on his spine? Start with a warm bath.... just a little water, no higher than your beardies armpits and temp the water as you would formula for a baby. A little vegetable oil and applesauce may help loosen a blockage, but if your beardie is throwing up, you should take him to a vet for help. An x-ray will show how severe the blockage is. Keep us posted!

Kailin

Filychzsteak76

Well to start off, if it's a baby then do not feed it meal worms!...trust me. i had a 5 month old beardie who got an impaction, something where they don't poop. This started in March...i think. The impaction might not be what your bearded dragon has. unluckely for me, i didn't have a exotic animal vet nearby. the closest one was in a city where everything is expensive and it could've been $300 just to look and see what he had. so i didn't go to a vet. If you continue doing research and find out that it has an impaction then either take him to a vet, or give it special care. bath it almost daily, stroke its "tummy" feed him soft foods such as baby carrots or wax worms...wax worms are like candy for them so maybe not, cause lots of fat in them. Also you'll need to give him water every day. don't just assume that sinse there is a water bowl in his tank that he will drink it, they rarely do as babies. you'll need something else such as a dropper used mainly to feed small animals. my beardie died last month in his sleep...i felt terrible because i felt that i didn't try hard enough to keep him alive. well back to your story, it might not be an impaction because he threw up, so do lots of research and find out what it is.

Grommet

Hatchling Member
I am so sorry for your loss, Filychzsteak76. Losing a beadie is very difficult. I'm glad that you have taken an interest in this site, it is truly a gold mine of wonderful information and helpful moderators.

Slyk, do pick soft foods over hard foods while your beardie is having trouble digesting. However, wax worms are harmful for your beardie in large doses. A much better option would be butterworms. Also, carrots are nutritionally not great. So stick with winter squash grated super small, when your beardie starts to feel better.... for now, canned pumpkin is a good option.

Hydration is really important and regular baths will help tremendously. Your dragon will probably lick water off it's nose if you drip a bit on during the bath. If you do choose to hydrate your beardie with something like an eyedropper, don't use glass. Any vet will have plastic syringes they will give you for free... beardies do have strong jaws, and can break glass droppers with one bite.

Any updates?

Kailin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom