No poop!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alyel

Juvie Member
So my Drake has been out of brumation for a couple weeks now. She has been eating superworms, and eating her greens pretty good. I know superworms aren't the best, but they will have to do until I can get her butterworms. Well, since she's been awake she has yet to poop. My beardie friend told me wet (canned) dog food usually does it. I gave her that last year and it worked. Just a tiny bit. Well it hasn't worked this time. I'm not sure what else to try except the vet. Which I am avoiding, because I hate to have them pull the poop out of her :( and she is currently living with my mom and sister in NY because I am in Washington. I'd hate to make my mom pay for a vet visit. Any advice?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How often are baths given?

There isn't anything wrong with feeding superworms IMO as long as husbandry is ok.

What are your basking temps at?

I would give warm baths daily, gently massaging the tummy while in the bath.

What does the salad look like?

-Brandon

alyel

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm not sure what the temps are, but I don't think they have changed at all since I've been there. I've been having my sister give her frequent baths. Every couple days. I know superworms aren't bad...but they actually aren't great in big quantities lol, last vet visit I took her to, she basically told me she was getting fatty liver disease because of the superworms I was giving her. I stopped, and she got healthier. Husbandry is fine. Salads are what she normally gets...endives, escarole, or collards, with calcium powder. Nothing is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom