No poop?Help Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anc90

Hatchling Member
So the past few two I have been giving him baby food out of a syringe. Right now he is getting squash I stopped feeding live food(even though he has no interest) until he goes to the bathroom. I have tried the bath and tummy rub,he drinks and enjoys his baths he eats his baby food and basks every day. Still running around and has energy but NO poop!? I tried a little olive oil in his baby food still nothing. I am calling the vet monday If I cant get him to go..

Tank size: 35Gallon
Basking Temps; 100 with a max of 110*F
Lower temps of warm side: 95*F
Cool Side: 83*F
Night time temps: 72*F

Using a Repti Sun 10.0 bulb for UVB,and measuring temps with inferred temp gun/weather gauge/thermometer with probe.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Aww poor guy :( (and poor you!)
Olive oil is on the "helpful" list, so that's good :) A couple other helpful foods you can try are: Unsweetened applesauce, babyfood prunes, and canned pumpkin (not the kind with spices in it). You can mix them with a little water or olive oil if they're too thick for the syringe, but you probably already knew that part. :) Good luck! <3 <3

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm going to run to store tomorrow and see if I can pick up prunes and pumkin as for prunes can I feed them as much as he wants to eat like the squash?
Thank you!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
as for the babyfood prunes..go light on them. I gave my Geico some prunes when he wouldnt go, and when he went the next day, they cleaned him out. I had to give him some water mixed with pedialyte when he was done going. Dont mix oil with the prunes. Geico was about 90 grams when I gave him prunes and only gave him 1 cc of them and boy they worked.

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Tonja":h4rt3738 said:
as for the babyfood prunes..go light on them. I gave my Geico some prunes when he wouldnt go, and when he went the next day, they cleaned him out. I had to give him some water mixed with pedialyte when he was done going. Dont mix oil with the prunes. Geico was about 90 grams when I gave him prunes and only gave him 1 cc of them and boy they worked.

I went to the grocery store when I got the squash baby food,and they NO plain pedialyte. Hopefully rite aid does. thanks for the info! Im hopeing prunes does the trick!! What could cause this?

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I only use plain pedialyte in the bath water..other wise I give him strawberry mixed with water. Any number of things can cause them to not go potty...feeders that have a hard chitin <shell> like mealworms, feeders bigger than the space between their eyes..substrate they can ingest.

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Tonja":1uczhotu said:
I only use plain pedialyte in the bath water..other wise I give him strawberry mixed with water. Any number of things can cause them to not go potty...feeders that have a hard chitin <shell> like mealworms, feeders bigger than the space between their eyes..substrate they can ingest.

Weird...he gets small dubia,reptile carpet no mealies ever..You try so hard to make everything perfect..lol.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
As for canned pumpkin, I don't think you'll need a lot of that either. My vet told me the "dosage" for cats that have trouble pooping is 1 to 2 teaspoons a day (or about 5 to 10 cc's), and beardies weigh a lot less than cats! :) (I know cats aren't reptiles, but maybe the dosage/weight comparison can help. I'm keeping it in mind in case my beardies ever need it too!)

anc90":3t5rtxs2 said:
Weird...he gets small dubia,reptile carpet no mealies ever..You try so hard to make everything perfect..lol.

Maybe he just likes making you worry! I sometimes get the feeling that beardies secretly enjoy doing that lol... :roll:

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
snazzyglasses":3ur0twy2 said:
As for canned pumpkin, I don't think you'll need a lot of that either. My vet told me the "dosage" for cats that have trouble pooping is 1 to 2 teaspoons a day (or about 5 to 10 cc's), and beardies weigh a lot less than cats! :) (I know cats aren't reptiles, but maybe the dosage/weight comparison can help. I'm keeping it in mind in case my beardies ever need it too!)

anc90":3ur0twy2 said:

Maybe he just likes making you worry! I sometimes get the feeling that beardies secretly enjoy doing that lol... :roll:

Well he has done a great job of it! :shock:

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Update: He has went once it was green from the baby food peas,he stopped eating his squash and I mixed it up for one day. I have him a small amount of prunes today. It very watery looking....what should be my next step?

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We just got home from the vet,its most likely parasites. Vinny is now on antibiotics,panacur,and some critical care.

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Vinny has been on his meds for about 5 days..No change..Going to have to call the vet again,he has zero interest in any live feeder,his salad or eating at all..I have no clue what to do anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom