no more hand-feeding a picky critter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Ok, some of you may have been reading my many pesky posts lately about the condition of Spot. First her crickets didn't seem healthy.. then she wasn't seeming healthy (loss of appetite, sleeping/hiding a ot and some eye irritations). I ordered and have been administering Reptaid and I removed her bad batch Powersun and have a Megaray on the way. Her eyes are now open and don't seem to be bothering her, but I'm still trying to coax her to stay in the basking light rather than hide and sleep all day (hopefully the megaray will fix that) Her eating has increased BUT she is refusing to eat MOVING crickets. If I catch them in my hand and feed her one at a time - she'll eat.. if I put them in the fridge for a couple minutes to slow them down - she'll eat.. but no other time! It is cruel for me to provide only live and active crickets to her and when she is hungry she will eat them? Or am I doomed to hand-feeding now that it has begun? Some background... She is so so so close to being a year.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
I would keep up with the cooling of the crix, so she won't be hand fed dependent. Yardley, too is a year old, and his eating has slacked off quite a bit as well. So just keep up with what you are doing, and I am sure all will be fine :D
Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom