No improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

izz

Juvie Member
My beardie hasn't eaten much and we haven't bought any mint or basil for a while.He didn't touch his carrot i gave him this morning as a treat and i ended up force feeding crickets.He has sand as a base but he pooped yesterday,so i highly doubt impaction.I recently made the change from powder calcium as we ran out yesterdayto calcium spray.

I was considering parasites,what are the signs of enternal parasites eg. worms,coccida anything like that?.
It makes me teary :cry: because he is my first lizard,i got him last year at the start,if it doesn't improve this week,hes going to the vets to be checked.I have reptiglo "24",which is bad but im getting changed to another reptuiable brand :) .I love him soo much he really completes my life..............

Grogshla

Juvie Member
dont stress. Dragons are fine to go for days without food or water.
May i ask how old your dragon is
What are his basking temps
What you normally feed him and how much.

izz

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Close to a year.His basking temps are 40-45 degrees,i think,it doesen't feel thet hot it is a 40 watt ceramic bulb.
His other one is 60 watts.
Light is a reptiglo "24" tube whichs is a bad brand but we are going to see an expert this week.He will sus it out for us.
He is fed crickets,roaches and freshy shed mealies ocassionally so he doesent get impaction,all spray with with Zilla calcium spray.
Veggies are carrots for a treat and basil and mint usually.

coastergirl946

Hatchling Member
Signs of parasites are usually runny or discolored poop.

No bearded dragon should be housed on sand or any loose substrate. It is unsanitary and harbors bacteria, and poses a risk of impaction. Repti-carpet and slate tile are much safer for your pet, and easier to clean.

Here is a great website that shows what to feed your dragons and how often for optimal health, most of us if not all of us on this site swear by it http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutritionframeset.html if you are looking for more variety in his diet.

The BEST UVB tube to get your dragon is the ReptiSun 10.0. You can get it at http://www.petmountain.com If you are in the UK, the best UV tube is the Arcadia D3 12%.

izz

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Im considering 3 quarters of tiles or flooring stuff with recycled paper kitter litter to dig in because the litter is paper,it will come out with the poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom