no go, no poo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Pebbles, a 1 1/2 year old strange dragon that everyone knows. she is currently growing and gaining, but she is not pooping. i gave her some warm water, a lot of tummy rubs and a very scared to poo in front of me dragon. she poo before, but they are not everyday. which is scary for me. Squishy, would poo, everyday when he was a young one, now he is growing up... ( I am a proud mother.)
she is not consipated, i feel a lump, but it is not hard, its a lump of poo that needs to come out, but pebbles, is scared to poo in front of me. She will run in the water, but she won't poo.
Now, she is bloated, cause she won't poo. does olive oil really work on dragons?
If i can't get her to poo, i may take her in to the vet.
she gets her greens and her roaches! greens are dusted everyday, bugs don't really get dusted (i don't want her to give her to much calcium at once). currently has a 150W bulb, basking is at 105. and for the cool area it hits at 75 to 80. she also a 30 inch hood and a 22inch bulb 5.0 (i am going to upgrade to a 10.0 soon), she is very active and sweet!i lied about the sweet part.. she can be sweet when she is not hungry, she bit my finger mistakes for food. (ouch).
Its like she sucks in her poo, it is so strange. Squishy has no problem taking a poo in the sink. but for pebbles, it takes like an hour to poo. strange dragons.
Suggestions to help pebbles poo, i don't mind posting pics! i just need her to poo!
sorry for being so long. worried about my girl.

poo count: 14

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
BeardieLover232":1tr91bif said:
Pebbles, a 1 1/2 year old strange dragon that everyone knows. she is currently growing and gaining, but she is not pooping. i gave her some warm water, a lot of tummy rubs and a very scared to poo in front of me dragon. she poo before, but they are not everyday. which is scary for me. Squishy, would poo, everyday when he was a young one, now he is growing up... ( I am a proud mother.)
she is not consipated, i feel a lump, but it is not hard, its a lump of poo that needs to come out, but pebbles, is scared to poo in front of me. She will run in the water, but she won't poo.
Now, she is bloated, cause she won't poo. does olive oil really work on dragons? <<< works most the time on my gang of skinks and beardies. I give 0.4ml by syringe and use a 14G feeding needle to get past their lips and teeth.

If i can't get her to poo, i may take her in to the vet.
she gets her greens and her roaches! greens are dusted everyday, bugs don't really get dusted (i don't want her to give her to much calcium at once). currently has a 150W bulb, basking is at 105. and for the cool area it hits at 75 to 80. she also a 30 inch hood and a 22inch bulb 5.0 (i am going to upgrade to a 10.0 soon), she is very active and sweet!i lied about the sweet part.. she can be sweet when she is not hungry, she bit my finger mistakes for food. (ouch).
Its like she sucks in her poo, it is so strange. Squishy has no problem taking a poo in the sink. but for pebbles, it takes like an hour to poo. strange dragons.
Suggestions to help pebbles poo, i don't mind posting pics! i just need her to poo!
sorry for being so long. worried about my girl.

poo count: 14

is that 14 days since last poo ? Longest any of mine has gone is 13 days. See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=232446

I generally start intervening if they don't deliver for 7 days ==> I give 0.4ml olive oil orally by syringe.
Then if still nothing by 9 days ==> another 0.4ml olive oil
Then if still nothing by 11 days ==> another 0.4ml olive oil + a 30min luke warm bath with tummy rubs
The if still nothing by 13 days ==> I cut the solids , give another 0.4ml olive oil + a 30min luke warm bath with tummy rubs
So far that's as far as I've had to go.

I think you need to give serious consideration to having a vet examine her (take xrays) and work out the best treatment plan for her.
The thing is the longer the food and poo is stuck inside her , the more rotten it becomes and it's a perfect media for the growth of bacteria and viruses , if these get into her bloodstream she's a goner.

So no more greens or roaches for her til you get either nice big stinky present , or the vet gives you the OK.
Sloppy baby foods, apple sauce , prune juice , purees only.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it can be distressing when you first experience this with your dragon ! She will go any day, you don't need to see a vet....this is very common and can be corrected easiiy. As was mentioned, give her some or all of these natural laxatives.....baby food squash, prunes, unsweetened applesauce or canned pumpkin. Increase her hydration and veggie intake. A warmer than usual bath and she should go any day now.

There have been many threads just like yours on here, no vet needed [ they only give them a chemical laxative rather than the natural ones that we mentioned here ] Some vets give an enema , too which can harm your dragon and cost you money for nothing. Just be patient, this will work out. :)

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hi there!!
i have an UPDATE: she did poo, but it was diarrhea. :puke:
thank you for the response!!!
Kingofnobbys: i was counting how many times i put poo in the description :D she left my a surprise and it was a wet surprise! :D so happy for her, and i am worried about her too...
AHBD: good news is she did poo, and it was diarrhea.. i had to call my vet, right after i cleaned the poo, i have to get a poo sample and get that tested for parasites, suggestions how to pick up wet poo? o_O Lizarto, used to get fed baby food to help her poo! :D
i am glad she pooped, but when i got her she always had diarrhea, i thought maybe it is from stress, and going into a new home, but she continues to have wet stool, i am going to have to see if she has some parasites, thats why i am waiting for the next surprise, and hope i will be there to scoop it up before it dries! :) :D
thank you so much for always being there to help others, this site has really helped me a lot with there dragon, from a sickness, to an injury. they are able to help someone under an hour! and that is awesome :)
thank you! :D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well, that's mostly good news. :) How long have you had her, and has she eaten anything different lately ? Did you give her some of the natural " laxatives " that were listed ?

Can you post pics of it, just to be sure it really is too runny ? And to collect some, just get a small piece of then cardboard [ about 2" by 2" ] and use that to scrape up enough of it to take in a plastic bag. They can use even a small bit to check for parasites.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hoii, AHBD!
i had pebbles since june 4, 17. she actually pooped while I was at work :) my mom told me it stank up the whole house! :lol: :lol:
her diet has not changed, just roaches and spring mix of course with calcium. i will have to post a pic of it when she does poo again, i didn't think about taking a pic of poo. whoops. :oops:
i will do that for sure, I wanna make sure she is healthy and happy dragon! :)
thank you, i will give another update (and pic) when she poo, and i will take her poo, and her to the vet as soon as i can! :)
i really appreciate it :D
thanks
Sarah :)

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
his, i am back with some updates. this her poop! it stinks so bad, but i picked a sample and put it in a baggie, it looks to be a 30 minutes to an hour old! bleh...
and tomorrow is sunday and they are closed, suggestions to keep poo fresh till tuesday?
here is her poo. WARNING: Beardie poo
82276-3124497459.jpg
:puke:
she is not impacted, she eats a lot. its wet stool :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, that's real diarrhea for sure ! It's highly likely that she has parasites so you definitely need to take in a sample to the vet. I would wait for a fresh one rather than keeping it in the fridge for days.

And please don't bathe your dragons in the sink, especially the kitchen .....they can carry nasty pathogens that you might not clean up properly and get sick yourself. Keep a large plastic shoebox size container for bathing if she poos in the water and be VERY careful of sanitizing it properly afterwards as well as your hands.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
AHBD":2voi2ln3 said:
Yes, that's real diarrhea for sure ! It's highly likely that she has parasites so you definitely need to take in a sample to the vet. I would wait for a fresh one rather than keeping it in the fridge for days.

And please don't bathe your dragons in the sink, especially the kitchen .....they can carry nasty pathogens that you might not clean up properly and get sick yourself. Keep a large plastic shoebox size container for bathing if she poos in the water and be VERY careful of sanitizing it properly afterwards as well as your hands.

<<< a baby's bath with a flat bottom is perfect for your beardie to bath in if he's too big for 1.5L tub or for a laundry oblong shaped plastic dish..

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
haaai! I did call my vet! I can bring a sample in anytime just not on sunday! I have to make an appointment, so i don't have to wait to long for a sample, and they can also check on her to make sure she is okay! :)
I will find a container I can use for her, she only gets bath after a poo, or when she is dirty!
I usually use my bathroom sink, for her. but two dragons use different sinks.
Any idea, about yellow fungus on a bearded dragon. Squishy, had it for a while, it has not spread. and it is around his vent. any ideas how to get rid of it? thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom