Nim's Story - More videos and pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am the slave of six cockatiels and my new dragon Nim. I'm creating this thread to share all the cute things my little Nim does. Ive had him for eleven days now and he likes me. He warmed up to me six days after I got him. He is the smartest lizard I have ever owned. I would post pics but I'm having some trouble. I put a photo on Flickr and then do the image thing but it only flashes the pic then it disappears if anyone could help I would like that. Nim is a six inch ten gram bearded dragon. Who's favorite veggie is dandelion greens. I have an organic lawn so I get the dandelion greens from there.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Tonja":2vpe0991 said:
One question though, where did you find the palm tree plant hes sitting on.

I got it at the reptile decor section at PetSmart. I think it is meant for anoles. I remember seeing one in their anoles tank. I got it for Nim because it would fit in such a small cage and beardies are partially arboreal. Thanks for the complements. :D I'm really proud of the bed I made. :)

Crisandre

Aww, Nim is getting bigger. :) You could barely see him in the first pictures, hiding between his plants, and now the leaves are bending under his weight.:lol: I love Nim's little bed, and he looks quite happy sitting on it.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Crisandre":17pj9zen said:
Aww, Nim is getting bigger. :) You could barely see him in the first pictures, hiding between his plants, and now the leaves are bending under his weight.:lol: I love Nim's little bed, and he looks quite happy sitting on it.

Thanks. I know! He is getting so big! That is why I've got to get a stick. Those leaves just won't work anymore.

Well, I know it is late but I couldn't sleep. Then this poem or whatever you call it, popped in my head.

A Beardies Life

A beardies life is a simple one.
Eat, drink, bask, sleep.
But what else do they do?
What goes through their heads when they bask?
Do they ponder on things?
Do they dream when they snuggle against our warm bodies?
What is their connection to us?
How do they see us?
Caretaker, friend?

Well, I say yes.
When they bask they probably think of new ways to torment us.
They dream of bugs and more interaction with us.
They bond with their owners in a way that some don’t understand.
Only those who have felt the true love a bearded dragon can understand.
They see us as slave and friend.
We are their caretakers, friends and companions.
They trust us and love us.
A beardies life may be simple to some. But to others, it is the best one could have.

:D Well, I guess I'll find some way to fall asleep tonight. Goodnight! :sleepy2:

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
A new day brings more ridiculous happenings that is Nim. So, during snuggles Nim stretched out his arms and legs. It was so cute, but I couldn't get to my camera without disturbing him. So no picture of that. But it was so CUTE! :D Also, Nim fell out of his bed. After I put him in his bed I got ready for bed myself. I returned to check on him and I could see that he was halfway off the bed. Well, when I woke for the morning, the poor lizard was on the floor next to his bed. At least his blanket went with him. But that was just too funny! :lol:
That's it for ridiculous happenings. For now. :D

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Nim is the cutest little baby I've ever seen! He does some of the silliest things. I'll be following this thread :D :D :D

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
TheWerewolf":90i5xvkt said:
A new day brings more ridiculous happenings that is Nim. So, during snuggles Nim stretched out his arms and legs. It was so cute, but I couldn't get to my camera without disturbing him. So no picture of that. But it was so CUTE! :D Also, Nim fell out of his bed. After I put him in his bed I got ready for bed myself. I returned to check on him and I could see that he was halfway off the bed. Well, when I woke for the morning, the poor lizard was on the floor next to his bed. At least his blanket went with him. But that was just too funny! :lol:
That's it for ridiculous happenings. For now. :D
That is SO funny!!!!! :lol: At least it didn't wake him. lol

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yeah, he probably slowly slid down all night. And when I turned his lights on he had a "how did I end up here?" look on his face. :lol: I just love him. :D

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
That is too funny! For animals who don't smile, wag their tails, bark or purr, they are surprisingly animated! Zoey can pretty much tell me what she wants just with a look. Anyone who has never had a beardie thinks we are nuts (I know, I get that here. lol), but it's true!! Did you see the pics I posted of Zoey with the temperature probe on her head? No one ever told her she is cold blooded and I'm not going to break it to her. I can just see Nim's cute little face when he realized this was NOT where he started out last night. LOL

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Thanks for the info on the palm tree. I went ahead and ordered one that is like you would see on the beach in key west. I am doing Em's viv beachy lol. I am actually painting her background on canvas, will be a beach scene with a sunset I think. Funny how Nim fell out of his bed. I can just picture the look on his face when he woke up on the floor lol. I put Em burritoed in the hammock and just checked on them, Gieco is in his hammock still burritoed, Em found her way to the floor flat and smooshed up against the glass. Your stories with Nim keep me laughing, his antics are so funny.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
traceyb73":2wlws4c1 said:
That is too funny! For animals who don't smile, wag their tails, bark or purr, they are surprisingly animated! Zoey can pretty much tell me what she wants just with a look. Anyone who has never had a beardie thinks we are nuts (I know, I get that here. lol), but it's true!! Did you see the pics I posted of Zoey with the temperature probe on her head? No one ever told her she is cold blooded and I'm not going to break it to her. I can just see Nim's cute little face when he realized this was NOT where he started out last night. LOL

I know. Nim seems to have larger personality than our birds. Well, maybe equal. I just looked at the picture of Zoey with the therm on her head. It is adorable! :D Yeah, and I think he thought that I put him there during the night.

Tonja":2wlws4c1 said:
Your stories with Nim keep me laughing, his antics are so funny.

Well, if they are making people laugh then I will never stop posting! :D Mom got her laugh today. So, Nim was running around and our kitchen floor is slick. Well, Nim run on it, but he couldn't get traction. Mom laughed out loud because it looked like he was on ice. I just grinned. Nim looked so embarrassed. He turned his head and looked at mom like, "stop laughing at me!" :lol: That poor boy. :D

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Sounds like a new musical in the making, Dragons on Ice lol. I love it when they try to get going and their little legs just flail all over the place trying to get traction, Reminds me of Bambi the first time he was on ice;.

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
LOL...everyone else talks about how their beardies like to slide around. Zoey refuses. She's such a girlie girl. Sometimes I will put her down on the bathroom floor and she freezes...kind of spread eagle and won't even turn her head. LOL

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
traceyb73":2np68lj9 said:
LOL...everyone else talks about how their beardies like to slide around. Zoey refuses. She's such a girlie girl. Sometimes I will put her down on the bathroom floor and she freezes...kind of spread eagle and won't even turn her head. LOL

Rouge is like that on sidewalk. Something about it scares her. I have no clue why!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom