Night time

Status
Not open for further replies.

PintoBeanDragon1000

Hatchling Member
So I have been taking my beardies out of there cage at night after they have fallen asleep for a few hours and then holding them and letting them fall asleep on me. My grandma has said I should not wake them up that its mean, "how would you feel if someone woke you up for no reason" Is what she says most of the time. I don't know if it helps at all but I have been having trouble taming both my beardies and I just am stumped as to why they wont tame so i am trying to see if taking them out at night will help.

Does anyone have any thoughts or insights on this?

By the way my little guy Sakari who I have had since July 18th is the worst of them he is about 3 months old a few days older than that. Ebenezer Scrooge only had a problem with me when I first got him he seems to be mellowing out and he is the one I take out for the longest because Sakari even tries to get away when he is half asleep... I just don't understand him. Ebenezer is almost 2 months old.

Rawbbeh

Young beardies are VERY flighty. It usually isn't until they are adults and bigger that they start to calm down

At 3 months old they are still small and fearing that they are gonna get eaten.

PintoBeanDragon1000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I figured thats what his problem is just an age thing it's just very hard to hold on to him without A. him getting away B. be holding on to tight or C. me getting bitten or stabbed by the spikes on his side. <----thats all Sakari all I get from Eb is a little protest of his mouth opening a but or a hiss and sometimes he runs.

Rawbbeh

Right now I'd focus on a stress free growth phase. Little interaction and focus on feeding and providing necessities. Once their head starts to broaden out you'll find them much more handleable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom