Newbie!

Pnverbrigghe

Original Poster
Hi all! Newbie to the bearded dragon world here! My husband and I recently took in a beardie that was less than ideally cared for!
We have transferred “it” to a new enclosure, a much bigger one with all new things! (How do I tell male or female?)
He/she is glass surfing now. I feel so bad because I want it to comfortable in its new home! Any suggestions to calm it down?

Thank you!! I have attached photos of current new set up!

Attachments

• 6A992456-1648-4F3E-A08C-FD405DF5C0E5.jpeg
    6A992456-1648-4F3E-A08C-FD405DF5C0E5.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 087A5CA8-0160-4E5F-83C1-C3453F3656F3.jpeg
    087A5CA8-0160-4E5F-83C1-C3453F3656F3.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 48

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi all! Newbie to the bearded dragon world here! My husband and I recently took in a beardie that was less than ideally cared for!
We have transferred “it” to a new enclosure, a much bigger one with all new things! (How do I tell male or female?)
He/she is glass surfing now. I feel so bad because I want it to comfortable in its new home! Any suggestions to calm it down?

Thank you!! I have attached photos of current new set up!
Welcome tank looks nice- how are you getting surface basking temps - they should be 95-100 taken w a digital probe thermometer- the uvb is a T 5? Can you post a closer pic of your screen please? We need to rule out temps for the glass surfing- it could be she just needs to adjust and acclimate to the tank and surroundings - please place the dragon on a flat surface vent facing camera tail in the air- we also need to get the uvb correctly distanced and placed for the screen - another reason for glass surfing

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Here is a pic of how to tell. How old is your beardie, females can't be guaranteed until they are a little older because some males develop later and look like females till they do.

Attachments

• s2OIALbl.jpg
    s2OIALbl.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 50

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom