Newbie to Phoenix Worms... Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 100 medium phoenix worms and followed the "Growing Phoenix Worms" guide on here. Happy stinky buggers. But I just have a few qiestions...

1. Is there a difference between the white and black worms?
2. How many should my 6wk old beardie be eating?
3. Should I get large ones for my 5mo and 4yo dragons, and how many should they be eating?
4. Do I feed them just like I would with crickets?

So far ive fed my baby 5 or 6 of them twice. I dig a few out, rinse them, and just toss them in. She loves them so far. Just want to make sure im doing it all correct.

TIA!

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
1. The white ones are early stage, the black ones are older and getting ready to pupate. Both are fine for feeding to your dragon (although the white ones are more wriggly).

2. How many depends on if you are using them as a primary/only feeder or as a supplemental feeder. At that age, the beardie should be given the opportunity to eat as much as it wants to over about a 10-15 minute period, 2 or 3 times a day.

3. You can get the larger ones for older beardies if you want. Feeding them the smaller ones is fine too, they'll just eat more of them before they get full.

4. You don't need to calcium dust Phoenix Worms as they have a good high calcium ratio, although you still need to multi-vitamin dust. And if they aren't your primary feeder, then you still need to dust the other feeder insects with calcium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom